Andrew Hawkins Topic

Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 3:58:00 PM (view original):
Apparently, you are expert enough on police procedure to have an opinion on whether or not a shooting is justifiable, but not expert enough to have an opinion on whether or not that same shooting is a crime.
Poor choice of words on my part.  Change "justifiable" to "necessary", and that's what I meant.

Opinion?  Yes, from the layman's point of view.  Informed opinion on police procedure, or criminality?  No, not at all.

Unlike you, I'm not going to pretend to be the expert on right and wrong within the context of legality.
12/17/2014 5:26 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 12/17/2014 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Apparently, you are expert enough on police procedure to have an opinion on whether or not a shooting is justifiable, but not expert enough to have an opinion on whether or not that same shooting is a crime.
Poor choice of words on my part.  Change "justifiable" to "necessary", and that's what I meant.

Opinion?  Yes, from the layman's point of view.  Informed opinion on police procedure, or criminality?  No, not at all.

Unlike you, I'm not going to pretend to be the expert on right and wrong within the context of legality.
I'm not claiming to be any sort of expert. But I have an opinion. That's kind of the point of discussing things like this on a message board.

For you to suddenly be afraid to state your opinion in a forum where you do so regularly and on a topic where you have already stated several opinions is hilarious and sad at the same time.

I know you have an opinion on this specific subject. Somewhere in the tiny little brain of yours you either think the cop committed a crime or he didn't. But, probably out of fear of looking stupid, you won't state it.

12/17/2014 5:36 PM (edited)
Also, you think it was "necessary" for the cop to shoot Jones?

Holy. *******. ****.

Maybe you shouldn't state your opinion. What's that saying about opening your mouth and removing all doubt?

EDIT: I'm an idiot for misreading the post.
12/17/2014 5:44 PM (edited)
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/17/2014 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 2:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/16/2014 4:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 12/16/2014 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/16/2014 2:14:00 PM (view original):
How about this guy?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/justice/south-carolina-trooper-shooting/

Yea, that's criminal.

IMO, the police in the Rice killing were justified because they believed Rice had a gun, and was aiming it at people. They believed him to be dangerous.
Criminal?   Not so much.    He was fired for being incompetent.  

Nonetheless, when dealing with cops, you have to let them know what you're doing while you're doing it if you'll be out of their view.   Cops don't like not being able to see what you're doing.
You're right. I lumped you in with Mike, tec. Good to know you think the cop committed a crime.
I said that the shooting was "likely not justified".

It's up to the South Carolina legal system to determine whether or not a crime was committed by the officer.

Echoing your previous opinion.
"likely not justified" becomes "likely not necessary".

Learn to comprehend, dumbass.
12/17/2014 5:42 PM
My bad, I misread what you wrote.
12/17/2014 5:43 PM
It was definitely not necessary.    With 20/20 hindsight, we know this.  

However, a ****** cop had to make a split second decision on what was necessary.    He was wrong.   Which is not surprising since he's a ****** cop.    But not criminal.
12/17/2014 5:45 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/17/2014 5:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 12/17/2014 5:26:00 PM (view original):

I'm not claiming to be any sort of expert. But I have an opinion. That's kind of the point of discussing things like this on a message board.

For you to suddenly be afraid to state your opinion in a forum where you do so regularly and on a topic where you have already stated several opinions is hilarious and sad at the same time.

I know you have an opinion on this specific subject. Somewhere in the tiny little brain of yours you either think the cop committed a crime or he didn't. But, probably out of fear of looking stupid, you won't state it.

Despite my dumbassery in the subsequent post, I stand by this.
12/17/2014 5:45 PM
two nyc police officers killed by a black man in retribution attacks. i'll stand by and wait for the media to cry 'racism' and for the looting to begin in nyc. http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/21/us-usa-newyork-police-idUSKBN0JY0N820141221
12/21/2014 11:06 AM
more dumbassery. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/12/20/nypd-gets-what-they-deserve-heres-how-some-celebrated-the-shooting-deaths-of-two-ambushed-new-york-city-police-officers/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons
12/21/2014 11:28 AM (edited)
Posted by moy23 on 12/21/2014 11:06:00 AM (view original):
two nyc police officers killed by a black man in retribution attacks. i'll stand by and wait for the media to cry 'racism' and for the looting to begin in nyc. http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/21/us-usa-newyork-police-idUSKBN0JY0N820141221
Why would someone scream racism?
12/21/2014 1:38 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by bad_luck on 12/21/2014 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 12/21/2014 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Why would someone scream racism?
I would ask the same thing of the initial Darren Wilson accusations - and the 'white' cop shoots 'black' gentle giant narrative. What would lead anyone to believe 'Darren Wilson' shot brown 'because Wilson was a racist'. It had nothing to do with skin color, unless you are Al Sharpton or Barrack Obama.

The dude that shot the nyc cops posted that he wanted to kill cops in retribution to the garner and brown non indictments. Doesn't that have something to due with racial relations? Why didn't he shoot two black cops in NYC? Is racism exclusive to white on black? Is it not racist to be a black person and shoot a non-black minority because of his job AND his skin color? Just some thoughts.
12/21/2014 3:59 PM
Not very intelligent thoughts
12/21/2014 4:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 12/21/2014 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Not very intelligent thoughts
Such a thoughtful, intellectual response. Care to expound on that?
12/21/2014 4:56 PM
I was thinking the same thing.  I wish, instead of slamming a post, BL could expand on his thoughts and explain why the current situation is better.
12/21/2014 5:14 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...26 Next ▸
Andrew Hawkins Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.