Thankful for WIS on Thanksgiving Topic

After another tough year of no updates, great users leaving the site, and endless 08 Addie Joss, I thought it would be a good time to list some of the things we're thankful for about WIS.  Here are a few of mine, feel free to add yours.
  • Open Leagues still fill relatively sort of quickly
  • Ligapelota still enters leagues to knock my confidence down a few pegs and challenge me to do better
  • We can still access old forums that include advice by JohnGPF
  • This is still a great site to discover baseball players of the past
  • Occasionally we're able to get a really fun theme league to fill
  • The vague, naive hope for a better future version of WIS
11/26/2014 3:59 PM
I'm thankful that WIS recently bailed me out for some credits to distribute to owners in my theme league when technically we'd fallen just short of qualifying for said credits.  Very nice of them!
11/26/2014 4:28 PM
-- That WIS customer service still over delivers on the important stuff...been consistently and pleasantly surprised by this in recent months
-- Awesome fellow owners...incredibly knowledgeable, great competitors, always willing to share what they know and help each other out
-- My 23 fellow owners in the NWP...best group of owners in any progressive I've been in during my 8 years on this site
-- An algorithm that, while out of date and certainly not without flaws, consistently delivers realistic results and occasional fun surprises

11/26/2014 4:59 PM
- a long time and consistent diversion from the real world
- a way to keep my Baseball Jones under control during the MLB off season
- ditto on contrarian's points regarding a great group of fellow owners and aficionados  proving the community is greater than the site itself
- a hobby which allows one to continue digging deeper into a skill set where the challenge to improve is always there (haven't been 162-0 yet)
- recently was turned onto "career leagues" which opens up an entire new door of opportunity
- a look towards the future where I may end up learning about and joining a progressive league, which I still haven't explored

just a few thoughts off the top of my head.  
12/12/2014 4:49 PM
- learning from the generous "seasoned veterans" at WIS
- various theme leagues that always change things up and keep the site interesting
- as redwingscup stated, a great diversion from the real world
- a way for my friends and I (old and new) to stay in touch and have some fun (with or without trash talk)

I love WIS and I look forward to seeing what this site may bring in the future!
12/16/2014 2:54 AM
- A great diversion from the real world
- The realization that others love the game of baseball as much as I do.
- Constant challenges
- Progressive Leagues and the drafts that come with them
- The fact that I'm never bored and always looking for a new challenge
- Research...I love to research baseball 
12/30/2014 2:15 AM
-yes it's fantastic way to get the "Baseball Jones" satified during the offseason......but it's  also

- a great antidote or innoculation against the "creeping insanity" that comes with having the real MLB team you love and follow managed by an individual who seems devoted to "anti-logic" as the key to managing a ballclub. (cf. Dusty Baker).
1/6/2015 8:17 PM
Thankful for WIS on Thanksgiving Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.