The mystery of Paul Hayes Topic

Posted by coachvegas44 on 11/23/2014 4:56:00 PM (view original):
car, not sure what your recruit and are looking at in cores but he's 96 reb, 100 lp, 93 sb. He's a center with 52 spd, 60 ath, 95 stamina and he can handle and pass some. Your focusing on a 61 d! Give me a break. I'd take him  at D2 anytime on any team in any world. And he is my best player on this team. Which is a FB/P team.
I think you may be overreacting to my opposition to the assertion that he's an "incredible" player. Perhaps we have different definitions of incredible. I consider a player incredible if he's dominant in all facets of the game. This player is an incredible scorer to be certain. I said he was one of the top 10-15 juniors in the country and I still think that's fair. I also think it's fair to say he's a below average defensive player at high level DII (which I consider to be regular A-prestige teams).

I didn't realize Cooley was a JUCO with low IQs because, by the ratings, I would have said he was the better player. So I agree with you then, Hayes is the best player on that team and a great FB/P fit. I would also take him on any D2 team.
11/23/2014 8:15 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 11/23/2014 7:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by car_crazy_v2 on 11/23/2014 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 11/23/2014 9:42:00 AM (view original):
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2766848

It's a Coachvegas player. I stumbled onto that incredible player while studying the 3pts lineups he was talking about.
I wouldn't call him an incredible DII player. Perhaps an incredible DIII player, but he's not even the best player on that team. You're cheating yourself if you're looking at overall rating to evaluate a player's ability. This particular player has spectacular work ethic, durability, and stamina so his rating is inflated. Don't get me wrong, he's perhaps one of the top 10-15 juniors in the country, but for high-level DII, he's a below average defensive player.
It's comical really. Using your own criteria of subtracting for WE, Stam, and Dur since it inflates ratings and gives people a false sense of how good a player is, I did the same thing with your Princeton roster.

Funny, the guy who you said would be "perhaps an incredible DIII player" has a higher remaining total than everyone currently on your roster, save one player. THAT'S YOUR D1 ROSTER! Perhaps, his player isn't as bad as you seem to want him to be, or perhaps you're aiming far too low with your own recruiting?
Emy, that's not my own criteria actually. I don't expend a single cell in my spreadsheet for SUM(Ath:Pas).

I don't want his player to be bad and I think Hayes would actually contribute nicely coming off the bench for my Princeton team next season. But if I could go back to the recruiting period of 3 seasons ago, I still wouldn't sign him. Maybe if I ran the fastbreak he would be more attractive to me, but I prefer all of the bigs I've recruited to him.
11/23/2014 8:28 PM
I was lucky enough to Inherit this guy when I stepped up to DII in Tark.  I thought he might have a chance to get drafted but isn't on the big board half way through his senior year.  

11/23/2014 9:50 PM
piman, very, very, very nice! What a great recruiting job you did. LOL!
11/24/2014 10:16 AM
Yeah, I knew Epps was going to be an absolute beast when I recruited him and saw all those high potentials.
11/24/2014 6:47 PM
Could he be possibly the next Hayes. He has blues everywhere.

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2901418
11/24/2014 7:25 PM
Posted by zorzii on 11/24/2014 7:25:00 PM (view original):
Could he be possibly the next Hayes. He has blues everywhere.

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2901418
I don't think so......he has such a long way to go and a starting defense of 17 is difficult to project to even much of a usable number. He'd be lucky to get to 50. Same with athleticism, you don't usually get crazy gains there. I don't mean to shoot this player down too much, but without seeing his potentials he kind of looks like a walk-on.

But hey, you never know. Good work ethic, red shirt, and he's already making decent gains.......good luck. I hope he works out for you.
11/25/2014 2:38 PM
Hayes started at something like 22 ATH and 21 DEF, or vice versa.  So it's not that different...
11/25/2014 3:04 PM
I'm really confused by piman's guy.  His listed position is C, but it says he was the #x SF when he was recruited.  I've never heard of players changing position mid-career in this game.  Obviously it doesn't really matter anymore, and that guy would be pretty good at either position.  I think my absolute preference would be to play him at PF, honestly.  But yeah, weird, right?
11/25/2014 3:05 PM
I use him at PF and C, more C because I am Flex/Press.  You can change player positions now after recruiting and before the first game (maybe a couple of games after the first game???)
11/25/2014 3:39 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/25/2014 3:05:00 PM (view original):
I'm really confused by piman's guy.  His listed position is C, but it says he was the #x SF when he was recruited.  I've never heard of players changing position mid-career in this game.  Obviously it doesn't really matter anymore, and that guy would be pretty good at either position.  I think my absolute preference would be to play him at PF, honestly.  But yeah, weird, right?
Haha you must have missed that update from seble.
11/25/2014 3:54 PM
I probably glossed over it because it's totally pointless with no position penalties...
11/25/2014 6:14 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 11/25/2014 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Hayes started at something like 22 ATH and 21 DEF, or vice versa.  So it's not that different...
Absolutely it's not that different. I don't think I made my point very well. Zorzii is still pretty new at this from what I can tell. maybe he has another username, I don't know. Hayes is very, very rare. I wouldn't suggest ever searching for a guy with such low starting values looking for the next Hayes.
11/26/2014 10:14 AM
Well put, mil.
11/26/2014 11:08 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
The mystery of Paul Hayes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.