The KING of the DRAFT Tournament: Rounds 2 thru 4 Topic

ROUND TWO:

This round will be made up of six 16-team leagues. Once all six leagues are completed, the 24 playoff teams as well as the 24 “best of the rest” (across all six leagues) teams will earn a spot in Round Three.

Here are the particulars of this round:

We're going to use players from 1958 through 1992.  The leagues will be divided up as follows:

League One:
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Cubs
Houston Colt .45's/Astros
New York Mets

League Two:
Los Angeles Dodgers
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
Montreal Expos

League Three:
San Francisco Giants
Milwaukee/Atlanta Braves
Cincinnati Reds
San Diego Padres

League Four:
New York Yankees
Washington Senators
Minnesota Twins
Texas Rangers
Toronto Blue Jays

League Five:
Boston Red Sox
Chicago White Sox
Baltimore Orioles
Kansas City Royals
Seattle Mariners

League Six:
Kansas City/Oakland Athletics
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
Seattle Pilots
Milwaukee Brewers

As in Round 1, all drafts will be “One pick a day” and picks will be in 45-minute intervals. Drafting will begin each day at 10:00 A.M. (EST) and will end at 10:00 P.M. (EST). The Draft Utility will be set up as such:

1: We will not allow multiple player clones (i.e., only 1 Roger Maris allowed in each league;

2: We will allow drafted players to be replaced by the same player but from a different season during the draft (you can only do this when it’s your turn on the clock);

3: Draft Order for each league will be “random” and the Draft Style for each league will be “Snake (1-24, 24-1);

4: There WILL be Forced Time Limit on picks;

5:  There WILL be interleague play;

6: Sitemail notifications will automatically be sent when it’s your turn to pick.

Round Two will not be able to begin until all six drafts are complete.  Drafts cannot begin until we know which owners have earned a spot in this round and what league they will be in.  We won't know that information until all twelve leagues from Round One are complete.

Here are some other items of interest for Round Two:

NO:  Waiver Wire, Trades, A.A.A., Live Play or Injuries
YES:  Designated Hitter
CAP:  $110M
CLONES:  Not in this round
STADIUM:  Pick a park that one of your core franchises played in during the 1958-1992 time-frame.

You may use either full or partial players seasons in this round.

11/8/2014 12:00 AM (edited)
How will the leagues be assigned? Do we choose or do you?
11/20/2014 5:06 AM

Wow, could have sworn I broke it down in the original thread but I guess I was having flashbacks to the "Bottom Dump" Tournament.  I'll just do the league assignments when the time comes.  Trying to decide beforehand who goes where always gets changed around anyway when I have to move owners around to avoid someone having two teams in the same division, or three teams in one league while not having one in another, among other various possibilities. 

11/20/2014 1:21 PM
And here I was hoping we'd at least get to pick which league we'd want to participate in.  So I guess doing well won't get you anything at all whether you finish first overall or last as long as you get a spot in the next round?
11/20/2014 1:53 PM

Well.....let me give it some thought.  No promises or guarantees but I'll see if I can come up with something.  Maybe we can do something like whatever teams win 90 or more games, those owners get to choose what leagues they want to go in (as long as it doesn't go against some of the scenarios I listed in my previous post).  All teams with 89 or fewer go where I need to fill things out...

11/20/2014 2:33 PM
Another option is to put everyone in the leagues as you wish, but allow teams to choose what pick in the draft they want. Team with best record gets first choice and so on. This could help people who are not available at certain times of day as they could choose a pick that occurs at convenient times for their schedule.
11/24/2014 4:13 PM
what will be the win loss cutoff to continue?
12/6/2014 6:35 PM

We really won't know for sure until the last of the twelve leagues has finished the regular season.  It looks like League 12 will finish up on December 27th.  Just as a "guess", it should be somewhere around 81 wins...

12/8/2014 9:12 AM

Just doing some quick figuring as of right now - it looks like 81 wins isn't going to do it.  The cut-off "might" end up being 82 or even 83 wins.  We'll know in less than two weeks...

12/13/2014 10:54 PM
For the cut off in W-L  to make Round 2, what will be the tie-breaker to determine which teams will move on.  Say the cut off is 83 wins, but there are 15 teams with that win total in Rd 1 but only 9 teams of that win total can make Rd. 2 to finalize the 96 teams.   Will you use RS - RA differential [highest + amounts moves on] or Exp. Pct.  highest % moves on?  Or another tie-breaker?
12/15/2014 4:35 PM

The first tie-break I've always used (just my own personal preference) has been "Home Wins" - how well your team does on its own turf.  If you still have a tie, then we move to the run differential.  I've never had to go beyond that.

12/15/2014 7:03 PM
Okay thank you. As of this moment, it appears the bubble will be 82 wins.  Leagues 1-11  have 86 teams that either made the playoffs or have 83 or more wins.  Unless there are late season hot/cold streaks, it appears League 12 will provide 7-8 teams to advance to next round by either making playoffs or have 83+ wins.  That would mean that 93-94 teams with 83+ wins will advance, and only 2-3 teams with 82 wins will make the cut.  Currently there are 5 teams that finished with 82 wins.
12/16/2014 2:17 PM

Nothing is for sure yet.  There's already two owners who have had at least one team earn a spot in the next round that have told me they can't continue on.  Once League 12 is complete, I'll let everyone know what the deal is...

12/16/2014 8:15 PM
Above it states
"As in Round 1, all drafts will be “One pick a day” and picks will be in 45-minute intervals. Drafting will begin each day at 10:00 A.M. (EST) and will end at 10:00 P.M. (EST). The Draft Utility will be set up as such:

It apppears that this is not the case - I have the first pick @ 10:00 - thejuice6 does not have to wait until 10:45 and have until 11:30 to make his pick, but has 45 minutes from the time I pick.

Am I reading this correctly?  I know this is a way to speed the draft along but is it what was really intended?
1/8/2015 1:44 PM

No, not at all.  I wanted the "Scheduled Draft" option but, when setting the six leagues up, I missed clicking on that option and it automatically goes to the "faster draft" option.  I've got a ticket in to Admin and they should be (hopefully) correcting things today.

1/8/2015 2:36 PM
12 Next ▸
The KING of the DRAFT Tournament: Rounds 2 thru 4 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.