Midterm Thoughts Topic

Back to the topic of the thread, I was happy to see I-594 pass here in Washington.  There was little doubt, given the recent shooting at MPHS and the fact that this is an extremely liberal state, but background checks for gun purchases online and at gun shows just makes good sense (IMO).

I was surprised to learn it was the only initiative of its kind in the nation this election.  Maybe we'll see more in 2016.
11/5/2014 2:14 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/5/2014 9:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/5/2014 7:59:00 AM (view original):
I'm pretty sure the handlers, assistants, pollsters, etc, etc, know more than you.    My guess is they were well-aware that not denying BFFdom with Obama was worse than saying "NO WAY!!!!"
Clearly. Dems are still celebrating their victories in key races across the country.
So you think you know more than the professionals?

OK then.
11/5/2014 10:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Pretty sure the NRA does what every special interest group does(or pretty much what everyone does in negotiations).    Ask for everything while knowing you're getting a compromise. 

I don't think anyone really objects to background checks except those who would be denied gun ownership because of it.
11/6/2014 8:50 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Oh, OK.  
11/6/2014 9:29 AM
You're assuming a different outcome with a different strategy.   I don't think you can do that.    Pretty sure the advisors did the work that you didn't, that they had access to info that you don't.

But congrats on your high self-opinion.
11/9/2014 7:44 AM
I don't think I know more than Obama or GMs.  Or coaches.    I don't agree with their decisions on many occassions but I'm sure they're more informed than I am when they make said decision.

You seem to think you know more than the political advisors.    That seems downright dumb.
11/9/2014 2:08 PM
Yeah, make a stupid statement, take a nap.   Seems about right.
11/11/2014 6:52 AM
you forget...MikeT is never wrong about anything...
11/11/2014 7:38 AM
To be fair, he once thought he was wrong about something.  But then realized he was mistaken about being wrong.
11/11/2014 7:52 AM
seamar is back with his boner for me.   Yay?
11/11/2014 8:12 AM
It's kinda creepy that you're in your 60s and stalking a man on the internet. 

11/11/2014 8:14 AM
LICK SOME ***, EARWIG
11/11/2014 8:18 AM
◂ Prev 12
Midterm Thoughts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.