unrated Foxx at 3B? Topic

Progressive League Question

Would an unrated Foxx at 3B ( B-/C at 1B), be worse than a rated Cuccinello (D/D-)?

At first I have Gehrig, and the OF is manned by Klein, Ott, and Stephenson and this is not a year that Foxx is rated at C. Thanks for the input.

10/25/2014 11:23 PM
This doesn't answer your question directly, but I just finished a prog season where I started 1986 Dave Kingman at 3B for 81 games.  He's rated D/D- at 1B, although his primary position is DH.  He made 37 errors for a fielding % of .849.  

Based on what I see in the draft center, D fielding 3B have RL fielding %'s of .880 to .920.  So my guess, based on the assumption that Kingman's stats were nothing abnormal, is that Foxx would not be significantly worse than Cuccinello.
10/26/2014 7:17 PM
crazy: Do you have any idea how often Kingman errors made a significant difference in game outcomes?
10/26/2014 8:04 PM
As long as Foxx' bat outweighs his glove, I think I have to roll the dice on that.
10/26/2014 11:45 PM
crazy: Do you have any idea how often Kingman errors made a significant difference in game outcomes?

Pretty often!  If I'd had a competitive team on my hands I'm sure I would have drafted, or traded for, a real 3B.  As it stands, Kingman was a very late (I think 10th round) 1986 pick, and he hit 41 HR (6th most in the league) to go with his sweet .226 average.  

And if you think he cost me games at 3B, don't bother asking about the 46 games he started behind the plate!  Although somehow he did manage to throw out 2 of 88 baserunners...
10/26/2014 11:45 PM
unrated Foxx at 3B? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.