To my fellow sim-managers (or general-managers),

For the past several years I had periods of long absence from this site only to return with a new idea/team or two which would invigorate my interest for a while.  Well, with my latest two teams, despite being in close races, I just couldn't bring myself to care about managing anymore.  Perhaps thankfully, only one made the post-season and was swept out of the first round.  And I didn't really care.

I think my antipathy is telling me it is time to go for good.  I plan to cash out my rewards but I am not sure what to do with my six draft-center teams.

Anyway, it has been a fun 7 years.  Most everyone has been great and I have learned a lot about baseball here.

Thanks and good luck.

10/25/2014 12:35 AM (edited)
good luck!

send me one, man! I'm broke!
10/23/2014 5:40 AM
Good luck zubinsum....you have been one of the most helpful users of this site in terms of explaining how the SIM works, and have always so generously shared your knowledge with others.  As a competitor and a contributor, you will be missed.
10/23/2014 7:20 AM
A dark cloud sweeps across WIS with your announcement zubs. It will be a loss for us all to see you go. We appreciate all the insight and ideas you have shared over the past years. Take care and if you ever get the itch again you'll be welcomed back with open arms.
10/23/2014 9:42 AM
Posted by frazzman80 on 10/23/2014 9:42:00 AM (view original):
A dark cloud sweeps across WIS with your announcement zubs. It will be a loss for us all to see you go. We appreciate all the insight and ideas you have shared over the past years. Take care and if you ever get the itch again you'll be welcomed back with open arms.

10/23/2014 9:58 AM
Well zub whether we agreed or disagreed on any particular issue, it is a sad commentary that as an astute and prolific contributor as yourself is lost because we are all merely an after thought with Fox.  Your comments and analysis will be missed.
10/23/2014 10:07 AM
Zub, we have not had much head-to-head competition. But I have always thought of you as one of the very best. A loss to this site...
10/23/2014 1:02 PM
Sad news, zubinsum.  Thanks for all the great posts -- you were always one of the must-read owners in this forum.  Here's hoping you decide to come back some day...
10/23/2014 1:21 PM
We'll miss you zubinsum. It's always been a pleasure.
10/23/2014 5:22 PM
ditto zubinsum.  thanks again for the spreadsheets years ago!
10/23/2014 6:21 PM
Thanks guys...

Speaking of spreadsheets, only a month ago I downloaded the entire WIS database for performance history.  I was planning on mining it, but I may not ever get to it.  If anyone would like a copy, please let me know via site mail.  I will need to know where I can email it.  Format is Excel.  Size is 75MB
10/24/2014 1:24 AM (edited)
Posted by contrarian23 on 10/23/2014 7:20:00 AM (view original):
Good luck zubinsum....you have been one of the most helpful users of this site in terms of explaining how the SIM works, and have always so generously shared your knowledge with others.  As a competitor and a contributor, you will be missed.
what contrarian said echos my sentiments.  Maybe we'll see you again, but if we don't, "thanks and farewell".
10/24/2014 8:15 PM
Sad to see you go. I've left for extended periods of time. One time I set up a team in a theme league and didn't check on it for several weeks. I felt bad about it but was ashamed to log in to see how much I'd annoyed everyone and wrecked the league. As it turned out, when I finally logged in to check the team I was in the second round of the playoffs.

Care how much you want, but think about keeping an active team.
10/24/2014 9:46 PM
Funny thing is, part of my bias AGAINST this product is I won a TOC and a basketball title while on sabbatical.
10/27/2014 12:43 AM
Adios zubi....

You were good competition.

But you can only eat stale bread for so long, even if they tell you it is cake.
10/28/2014 1:23 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.