Rule V Leg #46 - Draft Thread Topic

Posted by tjefferson on 10/24/2014 3:19:00 PM (view original):
Feel like the Rockies making it to the World Series just a few legs ago would've quelled this kind of discussion, no?
Well, sort of. It was rbow923 who got them there.  When a mere mortal accomplishes this task, then I'll consider it quelled for good.
10/24/2014 4:18 PM
The Angels' record is down there with the Rockies and I hear someone got a world series with them a couple times back....
10/24/2014 5:53 PM
Geez AL East is the group of death. 100 plus WS title in that division. glad I'm not there.
10/24/2014 6:33 PM
Let's get those final teams picked and keepers in. I would love to kick this gong show off before the weekend is out.Highly unlikely,c'mon prove me wrong.I dare 'ya.

: )
10/24/2014 7:34 PM
My friend pumpkinmcp isn't at a computer but he would like the Indians
10/24/2014 7:53 PM
has coach opened his sm? he generally lags behind.
10/24/2014 8:08 PM
He has not. He checked in last week to say he was returning, but radio silence since. Robin4 has opened sitemail, at least before today.
10/24/2014 10:13 PM
Posted by koyunlu on 10/24/2014 5:53:00 PM (view original):
The Angels' record is down there with the Rockies and I hear someone got a world series with them a couple times back....
Yeah, Rockies are right on that line. Don't think a team below them has ever made any kind of a run. Rangers have at least 1 WS title, as do Twins and Angels.
10/24/2014 10:17 PM
Sorry I guys I spaced on this.

Gotta go with the Royals
10/24/2014 11:42 PM
Just need coach now.  Giving him until Monday to pick his team, otherwise we could see the return of Vegas!
10/25/2014 11:47 AM
Phillies please. Man, work is killing me!
10/25/2014 7:27 PM
Posted by llcoach on 10/25/2014 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Phillies please. Man, work is killing me!
Glad you made it, coach!  I'll get a tally on keepers and set the alignment tonight.
10/25/2014 11:29 PM
This will be a screwy season for divisions no matter what I do.  Had to move two NL teams to AL, so went with Astros (there now) and Brewers (were there for 20+ years).  If I went strictly geography, I'd be breaking up the Cubs/Cardinals.  That just doesn't seem right.  Here's what I came up with:

Division Alignment:

NL East: Phillies, Mets, Expos/Nationals, Marlins
NL Central: Braves, Cubs, Cardinals, Pirates
NL West: Dodgers, Giants, Reds, Rockies
AL East: Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, Blue Jays
AL Central: Rays, Tigers, Indians, Brewers
AL West: Astros, Athletics, Royals, Mariners

Will listen to alternate suggestions until Monday morning.  Get me those keepers!
10/25/2014 11:55 PM
Posted by sinfonian11 on 10/25/2014 11:55:00 PM (view original):
This will be a screwy season for divisions no matter what I do.  Had to move two NL teams to AL, so went with Astros (there now) and Brewers (were there for 20+ years).  If I went strictly geography, I'd be breaking up the Cubs/Cardinals.  That just doesn't seem right.  Here's what I came up with:

Division Alignment:

NL East: Phillies, Mets, Expos/Nationals, Marlins
NL West: Dodgers, Giants, Reds, Rockies
AL Central: Rays, Tigers, Indians, Brewers
AL West: Astros, Athletics, Royals, Mariners

Will listen to alternate suggestions until Monday morning.  Get me those keepers!
From a geography point of view it would make more sense to shift the Blue Jays to the Central since its just a few miles from Detroit (and alot closer to all 3 other Central opponents) as opposed to the Rays which is farther east.  Don't know how competitive the Rays in the so called group of death would be though.

From last season we're replacing the Angels/Twins with the Rays/Rockies so shifting Astros to cover for the Angels makes sense and keeping the Rockies to their place in the NL.  

Last season's alignment was:

NL East: Phillies, Mets, Expos, Marlins

NL West: Astros, Dodgers, Giants, Reds

AL Central: Twins, Tigers, Indians, Brewers

AL West: Angels, Athletics, Royals, Mariners

10/26/2014 1:15 AM (edited)
I've always liked the idea of Toronto in the Central, especially in real life, but Tampa is technically further West by longitude so there's a case there to keep Tampa in the Central for this season.

Also, are we still defaulting to Houston to the NLC and only forcing them to the AL if necessary? I thought we had decided they'd be AL West going forward unless otherwise necessary.

10/26/2014 10:52 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...18 Next ▸
Rule V Leg #46 - Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.