How good of a job is it in What If Hoops?
Asking. because (I'm crazy) I have always in real life liked their program 
10/20/2014 9:55 PM
dont worry about how good they are in the game, realistically with time and talent any program can be built in this game
10/20/2014 10:42 PM
Thank you,
Always a "job" that has interested me
10/20/2014 11:05 PM
I had them for a few seasons and you are very dependant on how good Colorado is.  If they have a strong program, it's hard to land anyone of real quality.  If Colorado is weak, you can definitely land good players.  But I would advise running a zone, you won't consistently land enough recruits of value to play press, and it's just easier to recruit knowing you can have 2-3 walkons without affecting your roster much.
10/21/2014 8:18 AM
Thank you,
Still pondering the brown and gold!
10/21/2014 9:04 AM
Posted by ell3 on 10/21/2014 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Thank you,
Still pondering the brown and gold!
You need to go.   You'll do much better at a position you're motivated to coach.

Anyhow, by baseline prestige, CUSA is behind the Mountain West.  In Phelan, coaches have built MWC into a powerhouse conference.   This game seems to think a lot of good basketball is played in Wyoming, Montana &, especially, Utah.   It's a good place to be.
10/21/2014 12:23 PM
Go take that job! Sounds like you'd be very happy there.
10/21/2014 1:29 PM
Applied, looks like a promising job in a solid league, 
10/21/2014 4:43 PM
My advice: Keep more money than you usually would to protect your recruits the first day of signings.  I coach at Montana State, and have noticed that as recruiting moves along, more and more Big 6 schools will start to look in the barren states out west to round out their classes.  In my opinion, its also worth considering spending the extra money in order to get a recruit ***tight*** with you, even if you're the only school that recruit is considering.  
10/21/2014 5:20 PM
Applied, was never notified if I got the job or was denied. I was qualified and it was a lower job prestige than my current job and am still the Houston coach with zero feedback. Have never heard of this, very disappointed.  
10/22/2014 9:14 PM
No offense, I'm surprised you ever got to D1
10/22/2014 10:49 PM
Start recruiting more ath and def man, your team is honestly pretty bad (hate to be that guy)... I'm not sure why you didnt get the job, maybe you apllied too late.  Try to emulate the ratings of other good NT mid-major teams with your next recruit crop.
10/22/2014 11:50 PM
Posted by michgoblue2 on 10/22/2014 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Start recruiting more ath and def man, your team is honestly pretty bad (hate to be that guy)... I'm not sure why you didnt get the job, maybe you apllied too late.  Try to emulate the ratings of other good NT mid-major teams with your next recruit crop.
Ditto that first advice. 
10/23/2014 2:34 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.