60M Owners Draft & Analysis Topic

I just sent this site-mail to the round 1 owners (those who have not completed their roster)..

Guys,

Today has been one week since the end of the 60M owner draft.  You guys have actually had longer than a week to complete your rosters.  Today is the deadline.

If your roster is not submitted to the round 2 owner by the end of the day, the round 2 owner will get to choose his roster first.

10/16/2014 9:19 AM
my roster has been sent to:  contrarian23, mpitt76 and yankeeso7
10/16/2014 1:33 PM
If I don't receive a roster via sitemail, can I assume that the second owner is up (how do I know that owner1 just didn't send it to only owner2)?  Will you post who has sent their rosters or not?
10/16/2014 2:00 PM
No worries for the mllama division, you'll receive it shortly, just need to get out of this ******* meeting.  Just tinkering at this point, and frankly I'm tired of it. 
10/16/2014 2:04 PM
Sent my roster to next in line jmissirlis
10/16/2014 2:11 PM
Posted by Jdh34 on 10/16/2014 2:11:00 PM (view original):
You need to send your roster to everyone in your division (so everyone can tinker with their lineups on the fly instead of having to wait to rework the whole thing).  Also makes it way easier so the next guy doesn't have to send your roster as well in a new sitemail.

Maybe schwarze should send this out to all owners so they're clear on who to send rosters to.
10/16/2014 2:16 PM
Actually the rules description does not specify that as a requirement (see below).  I believe I have followed the parameters of the rules

The owner who was picked in the first round of the draft will select his roster from all available players, with no restrictions. He will then site-mail his final roster to the owner who was picked in the second round of the draft. This owner will then select his roster from all remaining players available (i.e., all versions of the 25 players from the first roster are blacklisted). Then the second round owner will forward both rosters to the owner selected in the third round
10/16/2014 2:25 PM
Yes, you did follow the parameters of the rules...

It was suggested only later that the rosters be sent to all the owners within the division, to allow the owners building their rosters 3rd or 4th some extra time to tinker.  I didn't see a problem with this so I agreed it was a good idea to do so. 
10/16/2014 3:19 PM
Posted by schwarze on 10/16/2014 3:19:00 PM (view original):

It was suggested only later that the rosters be sent to all the owners within the division, to allow the owners building their rosters 3rd or 4th some extra time to tinker.  I didn't see a problem with this so I agreed it was a good idea to do so. 
They already have 2 and 3 extra weeks to tinker respectively. My roster is effectively set so I had less time to build my team.. How about the 4th team sends all the rosters to the first team and the first team gets 1-2 days to make any adjustments....seems fair to me
10/16/2014 5:08 PM
Posted by Jdh34 on 10/16/2014 5:08:00 PM (view original):

They already have 2 and 3 extra weeks to tinker respectively. My roster is effectively set so I had less time to build my team.. How about the 4th team sends all the rosters to the first team and the first team gets 1-2 days to make any adjustments....seems fair to me

You can't tinker with something you can't keep.  In fact, its entirely possible that you have an entire team set up and the first guy picks the exact same team (thus your entire lineup is toast) and you are starting from square 1.  I know I just received the first roster and I had to axe a bunch of guys (and may reconsider how I approach things).

I'm guessing you place more ephasis on the "knowing your opponent's line-up" is better than having to deal with an increasing black list of players.  That's your right to that opinion but I know yankees07 doesn't share it.  Maybe we could of allowed trading of spots and people would of jumped at the chance to move down/up.

I'm curious to know if you feel the extra 1 or 2 weeks of seeing your roster is some type of unfair advantage instead of just seeing it at the end?  Maybe if it took people over a week to revamp a roster but I'm pretty sure most owners here can push out a roster from scratch in a few hours or at most a few days.

10/16/2014 5:36 PM (edited)
Posted by buddhagamer on 10/16/2014 5:36:00 PM (view original):

You can't tinker with something you can't keep.  In fact, its entirely possible that you have an entire team set up and the first guy picks the exact same team (thus your entire lineup is toast) and you are starting from square 1.  I know I just received the first roster and I had to axe a bunch of guys (and may reconsider how I approach things).

I'm guessing you place more ephasis on the "knowing your opponent's line-up" is better than having to deal with an increasing black list of players.  That's your right to that opinion but I know yankees07 doesn't share it.  Maybe we could of allowed trading of spots and people would of jumped at the chance to move down/up.

I'm curious to know if you feel the extra 1 or 2 weeks of seeing your roster is some type of unfair advantage instead of just seeing it at the end?  Maybe if it took people over a week to revamp a roster but I'm pretty sure most owners here can push out a roster from scratch in a few hours or at most a few days.

I would have traded down in a heartbeat.  Not for the extra time necessarily, but in my opinion the ability to construct a strategy based on your division opponent's roster(s) more than makes up for the miniscule blacklist.
10/16/2014 5:46 PM
Posted by Jdh34 on 10/16/2014 2:11:00 PM (view original):
 Amazingly, no duplicates from the rough draft team I put together so I'll be able to submit mine in short order!
10/16/2014 5:53 PM
Posted by jbohrman on 10/16/2014 5:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by buddhagamer on 10/16/2014 5:36:00 PM (view original):

I would have traded down in a heartbeat.  Not for the extra time necessarily, but in my opinion the ability to construct a strategy based on your division opponent's roster(s) more than makes up for the miniscule blacklist.
That's interesting.  I haven't thought alot about my own opinion on this whether I feel designing my roster somehow to best match up with division rivals is a bigger advantage or not.  I do however, feel that the added time isn't an issue to whether or not sending the rosters to all 3 other owners instead of 1 is significant.
10/16/2014 6:00 PM
I agree it's not significant. But whatever. It says in the rules to send it to the next owner, so i'll leave it alone.
10/16/2014 6:08 PM
I'm guessing you place more ephasis on the "knowing your opponent's line-up" is better than having to deal with an increasing black list of players.  That's your right to that opinion but I know yankees07 doesn't share it.  Maybe we could of allowed trading of spots and people would of jumped at the chance to move down/up.  - I think it is an advantage to know your opponents strengths and weaknesses and to have the ability to attack the weaknesses.  The blacklist you speak of is going to be 75 players out of potentially 17,000 baseball players or less than 1% give or take a percentage for eligible seasons. 

I'm curious to know if you feel the extra 1 or 2 weeks of seeing your roster is some type of unfair advantage instead of just seeing it at the end?  Maybe if it took people over a week to revamp a roster but I'm pretty sure most owners here can push out a roster from scratch in a few hours or at most a few days.  If your asking if I think 2 weeks is more time than 1 week, yes I feel it would be an advantage.  Of course we can all push out rosters in an hour, but how many of the owners would agree having more time to adjust your roster is worse? 

If you are confident that its not an advantage I encourage you to send your roster to all managers, not just your division.  Prove me wrong.  Cause I know with Brianjw in my division I have little chance as is.  So wanting him to have less time to build his team, without knowledge of who he can use, I don't think is a bad strategy.  Additionally the more time an owner spends on this team perhaps means less time for the other teams...we are in a tournament after all. 
10/16/2014 6:29 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
60M Owners Draft & Analysis Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.