60M Owners Draft & Analysis Topic

Here are the six "third round" picks left (their 70M theme wins in parentheses)

schwarze (75)
bardin (86)
rbow923 (87)
buddhagamer (91)
mildnhazy (92)
mpitt76 (99)

... just sayin'
10/8/2014 11:26 AM
buddhagamer
10/8/2014 11:41 AM
I don't know how to feel about getting a 3rd round pick and what that says about everyone's perception about my drafting abilities O.o ...

on the plus side, I'm not in brianjw's division nor in the NL so at least that's something!
10/8/2014 12:05 PM (edited)
Not surprisingly, two previous WIS Champions (rbow923, 2010 and mildnhazy, 2012) are still left on the board
10/8/2014 12:09 PM
I was hoping to be taken in the first if for no other reason than to be able to build my team right away, so I guess I'll just have to pester crystalao now to get his built and sent my way instead.
10/8/2014 12:45 PM
schwarze with the hard sell to avoid being stuck with brian and disco (not taking anything away from ybj who has been great the past couple of years).  Interesting.  I actually think it could be a good thing to be in a division with the top contenders as there is ground to be made up and you could perhaps do that by pushing them out of a playoff spot.  
10/8/2014 1:09 PM
That's certainly one way of looking at things.  I'm just kind of having fun with this... at this point, everybody knows what they are doing.  You got to beat the best to be the best. 

That being said, I checked some of the recent low-cap (<80M) themes in the classifieds.  You won't find my name in any of them (as I've never voluntarily joined a low cap theme league... ever).  There is however, one remaining undrafted person who's signed up in a couple of them.
10/8/2014 2:01 PM
I play in a few $60M leagues with that someone...... and we're in a tight race right now in one of them.

Sure glad I dropped out of the top 6 and got picked first. I'm going to need every advantage I can get.
10/8/2014 4:02 PM
mpitt76 it was tough to take him with those 99 wins in round 1 even though he posted in his draft building notes that 70m cap was way out of his comfort zone. i was actually kind of hoping to draft 3 owners with the same draft strategy. i was hoping they would either stick to their strangths and all draft similar teams or go out of their norm and possibly draft a team not as good. i thought it would be easier to draft a team to beat 1 type of strategy than it would be to beat 3 solid strategies. unfortunately, i don't know the drafting strategies of anyone i selected so i'm not sure what to expect.
10/8/2014 4:36 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 10/8/2014 12:45:00 PM (view original):
I was hoping to be taken in the first if for no other reason than to be able to build my team right away, so I guess I'll just have to pester crystalao now to get his built and sent my way instead.
Regardless of whether or not you pester me I'm probably going to build four teams before deciding which one to go with.  I too have very little experience or confidence when it comes to low caps (although I did well in the $60M league in last year's WISC).  And, as someone who normally doesn't gravitate to cookies, I'm having a hard time deciding how important it is to get certain guys off the board.  Do you have any requests?  
10/8/2014 4:41 PM
Ha, I hope people read my 70M strategy that netted me 75 wins.  I punted third base and went with all sub-300K guys.  They combined to commit 65 errors with 19 "-" plays.  They also combined to hit a robust .182.   And just because that wasn't bad enough, I decided to short myself innings. I only took 1200 "good" innings (1256 total).  I was fatigued so badly that besides having to throw 74 innings from my two scrubs (producing an ERA over 23.00), I also had to "sacrifice" one of my 4 starting pitchers.  Larry Gura ended up pitching most of his games at 80-83%, finishing the season 6-21 with an amazingly respectable 4.82 ERA.  He went 1-17 in his last 26 starts.

Now, I bet all you captains regret passing on me, now.
10/8/2014 5:18 PM
yankees07 selected mpitt76.   (At first, I didn't realize he had made a selection)
10/8/2014 5:20 PM
Posted by schwarze on 10/8/2014 5:19:00 PM (view original):
Ha, I hope people read my 70M strategy that netted me 75 wins.  I punted third base and went with all sub-300K guys.  They combined to commit 65 errors with 19 "-" plays.  They also combined to hit a robust .182.   And just because that wasn't bad enough, I decided to short myself innings. I only took 1200 "good" innings (1256 total).  I was fatigued so badly that besides having to throw 74 innings from my two scrubs (producing an ERA over 23.00), I also had to "sacrifice" one of my 4 starting pitchers.  Larry Gura ended up pitching most of his games at 80-83%, finishing the season 6-21 with an amazingly respectable 4.82 ERA.  He went 1-17 in his last 26 starts.

Since there wasnt many 60mil leagues to look at i pulled the the results of the 60 million theme for the past four years and averaged the 70 million theme this year. Not everyone had results but at least it was something to go on. Schwarze actually scored comparatively low and should have been my third round pick based on that. But i know how formidable he could be. So i just went with someone i have had fun competing against in the past in buddhagamer. He wins sometime and i win sometime. The other two in the first rpund i have little experience against so i just went with their past history in second rpund 60 million wis championship competition versus everyone elses history. I have comptede twice in 60 million leagues. One stinking and the other one going into the second round of the toc. I overthought this one so i am destined for a poor performance.
10/8/2014 5:48 PM
Posted by schwarze on 10/8/2014 5:20:00 PM (view original):
yankees07 selected mpitt76.   (At first, I didn't realize he had made a selection)
I almost made a post just after he posted but thought you would eventually figure out that he made that pick if your read it carefully enough .
10/8/2014 6:30 PM
Posted by mllama54 on 10/8/2014 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by schwarze on 10/8/2014 5:19:00 PM (view original):

Since there wasnt many 60mil leagues to look at i pulled the the results of the 60 million theme for the past four years and averaged the 70 million theme this year. Not everyone had results but at least it was something to go on. Schwarze actually scored comparatively low and should have been my third round pick based on that. But i know how formidable he could be. So i just went with someone i have had fun competing against in the past in buddhagamer. He wins sometime and i win sometime. The other two in the first rpund i have little experience against so i just went with their past history in second rpund 60 million wis championship competition versus everyone elses history. I have comptede twice in 60 million leagues. One stinking and the other one going into the second round of the toc. I overthought this one so i am destined for a poor performance.
I'm curious on your reasoning to pick jbohrman to get the top selection in your division (and to some extent even jjgreen14 who isn't that much farther back).  Since he's essentially only a single point behind you in the overall standings, is it for the confidence that you can perform well enough to overcome him getting first pick (thus increasing your lead for 6th).  If so, I applaud your moxie...
10/8/2014 6:39 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
60M Owners Draft & Analysis Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.