Amazingly fast customer service response from WIS Topic

I've seen lots of posts and complaints about low quality service from WIS in recent months, so I thought it was noteworthy to point out an example of awesome service.

Yesterday we welcomed a new owner into the No Whining Progressive.  Our season is in progress, and I wanted to transfer the team to that new owner right away.  I submitted the ticket last night about 8PM Eastern.  Less than 12 hours later this was done.  Totally exceeded my expectations.
9/4/2014 11:50 AM
Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago, transferring a team in the Jimmy Carter Prog in a mere couple of hours.  I'm honestly baffled by the complaints, because in my experience 99% of my tickets (and I've submitted plenty over the years) have been resolved quickly and to my satisfaction.
9/4/2014 2:10 PM
This is a totally un-scientific observation, but it seems that the customer service is pretty good when you ask admin to do something specific, like in the examples above - ie, transfer a team, correct a stadium, transfer credits from basketball to baseball, etc.
The tickets that seem to take longer are the "Why did Sparky use mop up when set up A was rested?" type. Questions that may require more of an explanation rather than some type of action.
9/4/2014 9:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Yeah, I submitted a ticket for transferring a team on Saturday evening and WIS had it done by 10 AM Sunday morning so they do a good job with things like this.  I suspect that the people who can do tasks like this are on duty and responsive most of the time, while there are only one or two people who have enough knowledge to answer questions related to how the sim works in regard to Sparky works, etc.
9/8/2014 6:34 PM
About two weeks ago I asked to have a Live playoff series pushed back a week, and they responded in less than an hour.
9/8/2014 7:01 PM
I have had similar experiences over the last year or so.  It's not all bad!
9/9/2014 4:52 AM
I think trd3 hits the nail on the head....

There's probably a "cookbook" of how to do common tasks (transfer teams, remove players, etc).  Done by lower level / less skilled people who don't have to know much about the product. 

But anything that's not on in the cookbook..... Gets referred to level 2 support.  Commonly known as "The black hole".  Developers and guys like TOmZ used to answer these tickets.  Now they are doing other things in the Fox corporate world.
9/10/2014 3:36 PM
I had an issue with team in theme.  It was fixed same day.
9/11/2014 10:43 AM
Posted by trd3 on 9/4/2014 9:54:00 PM (view original):
This is a totally un-scientific observation, but it seems that the customer service is pretty good when you ask admin to do something specific, like in the examples above - ie, transfer a team, correct a stadium, transfer credits from basketball to baseball, etc.
The tickets that seem to take longer are the "Why did Sparky use mop up when set up A was rested?" type. Questions that may require more of an explanation rather than some type of action.
I think this is probably correct, but still...I've had a ticket open for two-and-a-half years!
9/12/2014 6:04 PM
I've had 2 tickets recently. One was a player swap in my progressive where an owner drafted the wrong season of a player. That was taken care of the same day.

The other is to inquire about when my Amazon GC will be shipped (ordered on 8/12/14) and they replied "you should have it in a few weeks" on 9/4/14.  Still waiting...
9/24/2014 2:51 PM
Another great service response today....I inadvertently set the AAA for the NWP to average rather than below average.  The schedule had already been generated when early this morning one of the owners noticed the error and pointed it out.

I submitted a ticket at 6:54 AM today, very shortly heard that it was bumped to next level CS, and by 10:30 they had removed the AAA, cleared the schedule, and set me an update.

To be clear, I don't give admin here a pass for all of the things that they are obviously dropping the ball on.  But I think it's legitimate and worthwhile to call out when they really get it right.  This is such a case.
11/7/2014 10:52 AM
another example today... needed to transfer a team... total elapsed time from ticket submission to complete response and outcome: 14 minutes. I continue to be very very impressed by the service provided by WIS staff.
8/13/2015 2:07 PM
I have had multiple positive experiences recently as well. They definitely get a largely undeserved bad rep due to users dissatisfaction with the lack of actual game updates, I think.
8/13/2015 2:11 PM
That's for posting something positive. I'd like to think the people providing customer service aren't distracted with other "more important" things and want to do a good job for us.
8/13/2015 5:30 PM
12 Next ▸
Amazingly fast customer service response from WIS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.