The Return of Dodgeball: Waitlisting Topic

As fall beckons and with it the promise of long sought redemption for some franchises (see KC Royals), the rest of us turn our gaze to a different direction. The fun of humiliating your opponents in the time honored tradition of Dodgeball.

Transport yourself back to the sixth grade. It's time for recess. It's time for everyone's favorite game, Dodgeball. The teacher has tapped you to be a captain. Who are you going to pick? In this league, I will pick four captains. Each captain will pick their team of six owners (including themselves.) There will be one of two methods these captains will use to pick their mates and they will decide. It could be a draft or a rotisserie style auction where you bid on your five teammates. Personally I think the auction is more fun but that is up to the captains.

As the six man teams are assembled by the captains, they will tell me how to align the divisions, placing their teammates in each league in different divisions.

Once the season starts, we begin to throw the dodgeball. After the 3rd game of the season, the person with the worst record in the league (tie breaker is expected winning percentage) gets to throw the dodgeball. They will select someone, anyone, on another team, in the opposite league and they will tell that person that they must waive a specific player on his roster. The person who was hit, after waiving the player, may replace him with anyone he likes on the waiver wire and will then "throw the dodgeball" and hit someone else. The person has 36 hours from the time he is told to waive the player and throw the ball. If the player has not been released and the ball has not been thrown after 36 hours, every subsequent game will be forfeit until the player is released and the ball thrown.

You may not "hit" someone in the same league as yourself. You throw the dodgeball across the line - into the other league. You may not hit the person who just hit you.

When it is your turn to throw the ball you need to do two things, first, sitemail your victim and me so I can start the 36 hour clock. You also need to post it in the league forum for all to celebrate. You need not wait 36 hours. It actually makes things much more fun for everyone if you don't wait.

As for the composition of your own 25 man roster it will be pretty straightforward.

no clones, AAA, DH
no trades   
110 mil cap limit
any stadium you like, any season of player you like  (except Barry Bonds, Pete Rose and Roger Clemens are blacklisted)

We are not done.

Remember, the 24 team league is comprised of four teams of six owners. Each win will count for one point. If you make the playoffs you get a bonus of five points. Every round of playoffs won, gives your team another five points. Win the world series and you get ten bonus points. What do you win? To play in this league you will need to buy a $10 gift certificate. Once I set the league # I will give everyone instructions on how and where to send the Gift certificate. Just don't send it to me. You will split the $240 collected six ways.

In the event we need a tiebreaker: World Series Winner followed by total regular season wins followed by total regular season homeruns.

I will set a season ending deadline for ending all hits, very close to the end of the season, once we get close.

When you sign up, please indicate whether you are willing to be a captain or not. Makes it easier on me.

Please note that I have adjusted some rules

First the cap has been raised from 90 mil to 110 mil
Second, the 3 most hated scumbags Barry Bonds, Pete Rose and Roger Clemens are blacklisted. They do not deserve to be in our hallowed halls.
Third, injuries are ON
Fourth, there are NO trades. Not that there were any before but it keeps things simpler

Glad to see we have so many returnees. Sign up below. I am hopeful of a start before the MLB playoffs.

Any questions: I am the proverbial open book. just SM me.

1. Tridentric
2. Odalisgagne
3. Dippedncrack
4. Mensu1954
5. Donburgh
6. Daballcoach
7. Cholatse
8. Pinotfan
9. Hersheybear
10. Rickysdad46
11. Spoonfed
12. Jose can u c 
13.  Twfan
14. Spotsell
15.  Reddtrain
16.  BastanRedSox
17.  Bheid408
18.  Dorkster
19.  Skunk206
20.  Chuckinrip
21.  Dcmatcheck
22.  Micki
23.  Sjh0825 
24.  Razorclams

Wait list:

9/26/2014 9:30 PM (edited)
In

No to being a captain.....

I'm new to this league, will probably be last one picked,
like the skinny scrawny kid with 2 left feet or the short chubby one that can't move fast enough to get out of the way of the incoming rocket ball thrown by the high school 4 year letter winner quarterback.
9/3/2014 7:03 PM
Welcome bheid. I doubt you'll be last. I usually am. lol
9/3/2014 7:24 PM
Welcome back dorkster (via site mail)
9/3/2014 9:28 PM
I'd love to come back for another round Rick, but right now life, work, & health are conspiring against me, so I've gotta decline your invitation ... with regret.  Tell a few tales for me :)

For anyone else - this is probably the funnest league that has ever graced the fields of WIS.  At least it was for me.  It's the only league where you can actually get creative ... some of the "hits" can be classic.  Join and find out what that means.
9/4/2014 6:48 AM (edited)
It's been a while.  I will play again. 
9/4/2014 4:48 PM
Don't know anyone here, but I'd love to hop in as somewhat of a novice to the baseball sim if you'll have me.
9/4/2014 4:58 PM
welcome back skunk!
happy to have you chuck.
9/4/2014 7:33 PM
I preferred the lower cap -- it made it tougher to fill holes and led to some creative solutions; and it (conceivably) got the leading teams back to the pack faster. But, all in good fun. I'm ready to rumble! Bring on the balls!
9/5/2014 10:29 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You got it Taint. Welcome back.
9/9/2014 12:05 AM
I'll come back. My alias truemen is getting pounded in the WIS tourney.
9/10/2014 1:47 PM
Me too. Welcome back micki. 
9/11/2014 6:23 AM
thanks for bumping guys. we only need 2 and we off!
9/17/2014 10:04 AM
kind of hard on Pete!!!!
9/22/2014 9:47 AM
123 Next ▸
The Return of Dodgeball: Waitlisting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.