Round 2 Themes Topic

This is the response I got from the ticket...

Hi Jeff,

Thanks. We're aware of this and it should be resolved in the next few days. We've also found a few missing/incorrect players so we're scanning for any others that might have been missed.
10/8/2014 2:05 PM
The 90M league where it says you have to have an OF with an A+ range. Does that mean his primary position has to be OF but he can have an A+ range at another position or regardless of his primary position he has to have an A+ range in the OF. If that makes sense.
10/9/2014 3:42 PM
Posted by yankeeso7 on 10/9/2014 3:42:00 PM (view original):
The 90M league where it says you have to have an OF with an A+ range. Does that mean his primary position has to be OF but he can have an A+ range at another position or regardless of his primary position he has to have an A+ range in the OF. If that makes sense.
I'm pretty sure the player you need to select to satisfy criteria #6 is for players who have an A+ range for playing OF (and not just another position but I believe they could have A+ elsewhere as well).  Criteria #5 is for a positional player that has A+ range for an infield position (likewise they could be also A+ elsewhere).  Where the players actually play doesn't matter (I don't believe their primary position has to match up with the criteria).

I think the player for #6 needs to have X/A+ for his OF fielding stats where X can be anything and he doesn't need to primarily be an OF (but I believe he has to be one of your 550 PA positional players; can't be one of your pitchers).
10/9/2014 5:02 PM (edited)
Yes, buddhagamer is correct. 
10/9/2014 4:03 PM
thanks are you considering a C as an IF? So if a catchers rating a/a/x would that qualify as your IF requirements for an a/a player? this one is giving me a problem so i'm trying to explore all options.
10/13/2014 4:47 PM
No, infielder = 1b, 2b, 3b, ss only
10/13/2014 4:59 PM
Already knew the answer but figured it was worth a try
10/13/2014 6:00 PM
For the 110M theme, I'm uncertain what the division alignment will be.  Your answer to the Q & A seems to contradict the league specifications.

Were you thinking of the 2013/14 draft league when you answered that question?

10/14/2014 10:12 AM
Good catch.  I did indeed answer the question incorrectly.  For the $110M league, the division alignment is based on round 1 draft order.
10/14/2014 11:07 AM
So, just so we're clear, the phrasing "This owner will then select his roster from all remaining players available (i.e., all versions of the 25 players from the first roster are blacklisted)." for 60m means that, if say 2013 Mike Trout is selected by an owner, then the 2011, 2012 and 2014 versions of Trout are all also blacklisted for use by future owners, correct?
10/16/2014 9:42 PM
Posted by alleyviper on 10/16/2014 9:42:00 PM (view original):
So, just so we're clear, the phrasing "This owner will then select his roster from all remaining players available (i.e., all versions of the 25 players from the first roster are blacklisted)." for 60m means that, if say 2013 Mike Trout is selected by an owner, then the 2011, 2012 and 2014 versions of Trout are all also blacklisted for use by future owners, correct?
That's how I interpreted it (and fairly certain this is the correct interpretation) but if its not the case, I'd like a redo on my submission .  The first portion of the statement "all versions of the 25 players..." is pretty much bang on how that works.

At the end of the draft, there should be 100 unique players in each division (but could be overlap between divisions).
10/17/2014 1:42 AM (edited)
Yes, this is correct.  it's the standard blacklist rule.  
10/17/2014 7:00 AM
$100M. what if a player has a sim-eligible season that got left out of the sim? For example a hitter had 63 AB in real life but for some reason there is no sim season for that year. Do we include that season on our team or not?
10/19/2014 1:59 AM (edited)

Since there's no sim season for it, we have to treat it the same as if it was not sim-eligible (i.e., exclude it)

10/19/2014 1:41 PM
Posted by schwarze on 9/4/2014 1:55:00 PM (view original):
So this theme will be like a real baseball season.  The talent will be better than real life because of 12 teams filling rosters from 15 teams (plus taking the better of two seasons will also add talent).  It might play out similarly to a $90-$95 million theme but with much more bench depth (since no salary cap).  My guess is that the top salaried teams will be close to $100-105M.
Unless there are some high-priced bench players lurking in either league, I seriously doubt anyone is going to reach the 90m mark in this league.
10/29/2014 5:23 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Round 2 Themes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.