Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

I'm sure, when snatching a box of shoes then lighting the store on fire, they were thinking "That systematic racism in America is really making me angry.   This is my only outlet."

11/25/2014 1:56 PM
Individuals can and will be racist in any direction. That's not what I'm talking about.

The riots are happening because the black community is fed up with the systematic racism in America. That systematic racism is very real and isn't reversing against white people in any way.

Isn't the black man hatin' on whitey because he feels that whitey is hatin' on him racist in and of itself?

Sounds like you just want to excuse that way of thinking as "justifiable racism".  You're enabling the black community's racism.

As I said earlier, if that's how you feel, then you're part of the problem.
11/25/2014 2:05 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/25/2014 2:06:00 PM (view original):
Individuals can and will be racist in any direction. That's not what I'm talking about.

The riots are happening because the black community is fed up with the systematic racism in America. That systematic racism is very real and isn't reversing against white people in any way.

Isn't the black man hatin' on whitey because he feels that whitey is hatin' on him racist in and of itself?

Sounds like you just want to excuse that way of thinking as "justifiable racism".  You're enabling the black community's racism.

As I said earlier, if that's how you feel, then you're part of the problem.
The black community, in general, is frustrated with the power structure in America that is, by many objective standards, racist. Being angry at people you believe are oppressing you isn't racism.

They are mad about the oppression, not the skin color of the oppressors. 

11/25/2014 2:27 PM (edited)

OK.  So this is not racist. I guess.

11/25/2014 2:30 PM
Posted by silentpadna on 11/25/2014 1:50:00 PM (view original):
"The riots are happening because the black community is fed up with the systematic racism in America. That systematic racism is very real and isn't reversing against white people in any way."

That may be true, but it should be pointed out to them that this issue is not an example of systemic racism.
If I were in their shoes, I might not see it so clearly. Again, I'm not excusing the looting but I understand the anger.

To the people of Ferguson, the police (and the justice system, in general) are racist. There is no certainty to them that Michael Brown was justifiably shot because there is no certainty that the DA and the police didn't tilt the evidence presented to the grand jury to cast Wilson's story as the credible version.
11/25/2014 2:32 PM

Again, if the idea is that "whitey's lying to the grand jury to fix the case in whitey's favor" . . . how does that sound?

It seems like there is less interest in moving forward, and more interest in making excuses and enabling the pervasiveness of "blame whitey" in situations like Ferguson.

The media has just as much of the blame as anybody else, since racism, rioting, and inflamed emotions make for great TV coverage and job security.

11/25/2014 3:16 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/25/2014 3:16:00 PM (view original):

Again, if the idea is that "whitey's lying to the grand jury to fix the case in whitey's favor" . . . how does that sound?

It seems like there is less interest in moving forward, and more interest in making excuses and enabling the pervasiveness of "blame whitey" in situations like Ferguson.

The media has just as much of the blame as anybody else, since racism, rioting, and inflamed emotions make for great TV coverage and job security.

It sounds like the fear and frustration of a community that feels like it's been victimized by the justice system.

I think you're confusing "we're mad at a system, controlled by white people, that has oppressed us," with "we hate white people because they are white."
11/25/2014 3:28 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/25/2014 3:28:00 PM (view original):

It sounds like the fear and frustration of a community that feels like it's been victimized by the justice system.

I think you're confusing "we're mad at a system, controlled by white people, that has oppressed us," with "we hate white people because they are white."
I think this is well said.  I asked tec before, when he said "this is the same as lynching in the 1930s" why people were lynched in the 1930s.  He didn't reply, probably because he realized the answer was "because he's black."  

This is different - Blacks in Ferguson seem like they're already furious that the Ferguson PD has treated them badly, and then this happened. They don't trust the justice system in place there, considering the system is run by people who have ****** them over before. It's basically a comparison of apples to telephones.
11/25/2014 3:34 PM
If someone were to say "I'm OK with black people, I just don't trust them" . . . would that be racist?

Because it seems like your message is that it's OK for the blacks to say "I have no problem with whitey, I just don't trust him".

11/25/2014 3:35 PM
Posted by moy23 on 11/25/2014 12:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 11/25/2014 12:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 11/25/2014 12:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 11/25/2014 12:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/25/2014 12:24:00 PM (view original):
And, as I've said a million times, when you give people an excuse, they will use it.

"But when you've been figuratively been beaten down by law enforcement your entire life" is a fine example.   Go ahead and loot/riot.   You've been beaten down by law enforcement all your life, it's understandable. 

For ****'s sake.
That's the media narrative.

It gives them a chance for "LIVE: UPDATE FROM FERGUSON!!!!"  news bulletins.
I wonder how the Irish, Italian, and Jewish immigrants that were once so disliked and mistreated in america that they had to form our first gangs can now flourish peacefully? Or how Jews and minorities from the 1940s that were slaughtered for no good reason have rebounded so quickly in Europe? Or why we never see Asians or other minority groups that do well in this country rising up and crying 'inequality'? I wonder what their leaders preach to them?

I think a lot can be learned on how to get out of poverty from these groups... No.... I KNOW a lot can be learned.
Are you suggesting that African-Americans were viewed the same way as Irish and Italians Americans in the 1800s and early 1900s? Seriously?

You're suggesting what can be learned is "work hard." And seem to think that that's all it takes. 
Not at all...

I'm suggesting you take a good hard look at how these groups of people HAVE succeeded - they were ALL mistreated. I'm suggesting you read stories of immigrant life in early america and how those people with absolutely nothing and were blackballed from jobs have gotten to where they are today. I'm suggesting you take a look at how a black guy from kenya raised in a single parent home can become the president of the united states.

I'm suggesting you and others are of the 'poor them' mentality and instead of advancing their well-being you end up stagnating it at best. Its OK to say 'poor them' but WHAT are THEY going to do about it? Woe is me I'm black, Rioting, FTP mentality, Black on Black crime, black leaders like Jackson and Sharpton. It all needs to stop and be replaced with positivity and a sence to move forward. Jmo.
I'm not reading stories about immigrants simply because you think the plight of off-the-boat Irish was anywhere as difficult as being an black person at that time.  And I don't know any black presidents from kenya.
11/25/2014 3:38 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 11/25/2014 3:34:00 PM (view original):

I think this is well said.  I asked tec before, when he said "this is the same as lynching in the 1930s" why people were lynched in the 1930s.  He didn't reply, probably because he realized the answer was "because he's black."  

This is different - Blacks in Ferguson seem like they're already furious that the Ferguson PD has treated them badly, and then this happened. They don't trust the justice system in place there, considering the system is run by people who have ****** them over before. It's basically a comparison of apples to telephones.
Why is it different?  It's not.

In the 30's, the blacks were the easy scapegoat.  Today, whenever there's an "incident" between blacks and whites, it's the racist white guy's fault.  Because apparently, in those situations, all white guys are racist.

11/25/2014 3:40 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/25/2014 3:35:00 PM (view original):
If someone were to say "I'm OK with black people, I just don't trust them" . . . would that be racist?

Because it seems like your message is that it's OK for the blacks to say "I have no problem with whitey, I just don't trust him".

They don't trust the Ferguson PD because that PD has treated them poorly before. They appear to be racist.

11/25/2014 3:42 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/25/2014 3:40:00 PM (view original):

In the 30's, the blacks were the easy scapegoat.  Today, whenever there's an "incident" between blacks and whites, it's the racist white guy's fault.  Because apparently, in those situations, all white guys are racist.

"In the 30's, the blacks were the easy scapegoat."

What does this mean?

"Today, whenever there's an "incident" between blacks and whites, it's the racist white guy's fault." 

Really? I wholeheartedly disagree.
11/25/2014 3:44 PM
Let's put it this way - if there was a police camera on the car showing this incident, and it shows what you think it showed, would the same thing have happened afterwards?
11/25/2014 3:47 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/25/2014 3:40:00 PM (view original):

It is different.

In the 30's (40s/50s/60s...) blacks were murdered for being black.

Today, blacks are protesting against the justice system because they feel like they are still being oppressed because they are black.

How your tiny little brain somehow interprets that as not only racism against whites but "no different than the lynch mob mentality of the 1930's. Only the colors of those on both sides have reversed," is insane.
11/25/2014 3:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...53|54|55|56|57...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.