Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Odd how the media is spinning it now.

Wilson told a St. Louis County grand jury that he had no choice but to shoot the hulking teen because he feared for his life, that he had never before seen such aggression directed towards a police officer.

I always thought the guy could only be described as "unarmed". 

11/25/2014 6:56 AM
Let's burn down and destroy our own town!!!

That'll help solve whatever problems may actually exist!
11/25/2014 7:18 AM

Black Friday doorbuster deals come a few days early in Ferguson this year.

11/25/2014 7:37 AM
KKK LIVES ON
11/25/2014 7:39 AM
Here's the sad reality of PC America today.

80 years ago, if a white woman in the deep south was raped, a mob would form looking to seek justice.  They would find the black guy who was seen in the area where the attack occurred shortly before it took place, tie a rope around his neck, and find the nearest tree.

We look back at those days now in self--righteous horror.  And then turn around and do the same thing in a sick and twisted role reversal.

When is PC America going to stop making excuses about racism, and acknowledge that racism is a two-way street?

11/25/2014 7:46 AM
...and this morning the Brown verdict has been pushed to the back burner by the leaders and all that they talked about was the arson and looting.

The message is now lost.  No changes will happen.

A very sad day for the United States.

11/25/2014 7:48 AM
The Wilson verdict is no longer the story.   The forensic evidence and credible testimony cleared Wilson of any wrongdoing.   There's no story in that other than Wilson can no longer be a cop in MO because he did his job.    The story now is the backlash. 
11/25/2014 7:57 AM
Posted by raucous on 11/25/2014 7:48:00 AM (view original):
...and this morning the Brown verdict has been pushed to the back burner by the leaders and all that they talked about was the arson and looting.

The message is now lost.  No changes will happen.

A very sad day for the United States.

This is the mentality that's part of the problem.
11/25/2014 8:00 AM
Yep.  When he said "The Brown verdict" you already knew he was heading down the wrong path.

I'm not sure what the message is besides "Don't fight with cops.  They have the authority to shoot you."

Perhaps someone can enlighten me.
11/25/2014 8:23 AM
There is supposedly a bill to force the police to wear video cams so there is more accountability for the cops.  it is called the "Michael Brown" bill.  It is not even mentioned this morning.  Brown's attorney was trying to mention it last night where he could, but the riots superseded him.
11/25/2014 8:39 AM
Is that the message?   Cops need to be held accountable?    Is that seen as a problem in this specific instance?
11/25/2014 8:46 AM
Hells yeah!  Let's tie a rope around the white cop's neck and lynch him from the nearest tree.

Just like "justice" used to occur in the good ole days.

A lot of people need to look in the mirror if they want to find the racists.

11/25/2014 9:03 AM

Yes, I'm annoyed that people keep talking about a "message".    I assume the term is just being used in an attempt to calm the rioters.    I just don't see a "message" in this.

Man robs store.
Man walks in middle of street.
Cops tells man to get out of the middle of the street.
Man attacks cop.
Cops shoots man.
City is trashed.
Cop can no longer do his job due to safety issues.

What "message" is in that story?

11/25/2014 9:34 AM
I think the part that is probably missing in your timeline is before "man robs store," and it's "Ferguson PD treats blacks worse than whites" based on the arrest statistics that were posted months ago and what people have said who are familiar with that area. It's not right, but it seems that the original violence doesn't take place if this wasn't an issue in the first place. People can argue that if it was "white man attacks cop" that maybe he's not so quick on the trigger. Or maybe it's not so many bullets, and "white man" survives. We don't know. There's more than one person or group of people in the wrong here, so the "message" is simply that there's a very sad situation in that area, with no easy answers to the multiple issues.
11/25/2014 9:43 AM
Perhaps they did.  And perhaps they will continue to do so.   But, in this specific case, you have a hothead criminal fresh off a crime attacking a cop.   The cop defended himself with lethal force.   The Grand Jury decided he was within his rights to do so. 

Michael Brown delivered no message.  His death delivered no message.   It's just a case of a criminal making a bad decision and paying for it with his life.

And a city full of trash using that to riot again.
11/25/2014 9:47 AM
◂ Prev 1...50|51|52|53|54...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.