Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Posted by moy23 on 9/4/2014 8:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/4/2014 12:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 9/3/2014 10:46:00 PM (view original):
The police officer only need 'probably cause' to believe a person has committed these acts... See below, same link.

Sec. 140.03. - Misdemeanor violations.
Whenever any peace officer shall observe a person committing any of the acts enumerated in Section 140.02, or shall have probable cause to believe that a person has committed any of said acts, he shall order that person to refrain from doing the proscribed conduct. Any person who shall refuse to refrain from such acts or conduct after being ordered to do so shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
"Only" probable cause is still a bar that needs to be cleared. What probable cause did the police have here?
From everything I've read it doesn't matter.... Needs to be resolved in court.... Not with the police. In this case the probably cause seems to be that the security in charge of monitoring the skyways had asked this guy to leave multiple times and he refused. That's all they need for probable cause to be within 'their' rights to ask him to stop doing whatever he was doing. The question is what was lollie doing that violates any of the 4 rules of the skyway? I don't know, nor do you, but that's on security to prove and not the police. Police are not judges and if lollie had a complaint against security he should have taken it up formally with building management.
That's not the way probable cause works.
9/4/2014 9:14 AM
Posted by moy23 on 9/4/2014 8:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/4/2014 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 9/3/2014 10:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/3/2014 9:22:00 PM (view original):
Wtf? Beach lifeguards are like park rangers. You have to follow their orders. You do not have to follow the orders of a private guard when you're on public property.

The security guard in MN was there to protect the office building, not the public skyway. You realize what a skyway is, right? Because, so far, you've argued that they aren't public and given pretty convincing evidence that you don't know what you're talking about.
So.... The private security guards in St Paul appear to be there to protect the skyways as well. Actually they are required to by law. Correct?
They are still private security guards, not law enforcement. You aren't trespassing on public property until you ignore an order from law enforcement.

Good so now we are working as a team.....

We are now in agreement of either.... 1) you are wrong about this and like a lifeguard (who is not law enforcement) its trespassing when they tell you to leave or 2) knucklehead in MN really didn't know his rights because the cops asked him to leave and he did not. But either way this guy was asked to leave by someone with the authority to do so and did not obey. Thus he was charged with trespassing.
The cops were not asking him to leave. They were asking for his ID.
9/4/2014 9:21 AM
Holy ****.

A) Police should show restraint.  They were in the wrong here.
B) It's very dumb to argue with law enforcement, even if you feel/know you're in the right.  Doing this was wrong.

Both true.  Find something else to argue about.
9/4/2014 9:50 AM

Another person's day goes awry when they refuse to produce ID when asked by a cop:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/14/showbiz/django-unchained-actress-detained/index.html

9/15/2014 11:11 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 9/15/2014 11:11:00 AM (view original):

Another person's day goes awry when they refuse to produce ID when asked by a cop:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/14/showbiz/django-unchained-actress-detained/index.html

Completely different. She was required to show ID.
9/15/2014 11:19 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
No indictment for Darren Wilson. Forensics show Browns blood stains on the officers gun, uniform, and inside car door panel corroborate the officers story.

Get the riot gear ready cause here it comes.... Again.
10/18/2014 2:04 PM
Posted by The Taint on 10/30/2014 7:44:00 AM (view original):
Whole lotta white folk tearing up San Francisco last night. Dare I say, they were rioting? Starting fires. Interfering with police. Trashing the town, and here I thought they were above such things.
Nice try. 

Sure they are in the wrong. ALL of them should be arrested and held accountable. 

Has NOTHING to do with the trouble makers and race baiters who will be destroying the town of Ferguson for the next few days and/or weeks.

They've been clear all along. "We don't care what the FACTS are. A white cop shot a black person let's use this incident to further divide and let us 'retaliate' against the innocent business owners of this town"

I really wish someone could uncover who is bankrolling all of these out-of-towners coming to Ferguson for the sole purpose of division and violence. 
10/30/2014 8:29 AM
Whole lotta white folk tearing up San Francisco last night. Dare I say, they were rioting? Starting fires. Interfering with police. Trashing the town, and here I thought they were above such things.
Why would you think that?   
10/30/2014 8:33 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/30/2014 8:33:00 AM (view original):
Why would you think that?   
Because if you are condemning the actions of so many in a thread about  Ferguson, you OBVIOUSLY are REALLY SAYING "I'm white and we are above such things".

Duh.
10/30/2014 8:37 AM
I know.   I was just poking back.   ****** people come in all shapes, sizes and colors.    I'd have no problem if a black cop put a hole in a SF white boy while he was flipping over a car.   I'm sure that **** would have come to a sudden halt when he started bleeding all over the street.
10/30/2014 9:29 AM
that area's got a lot of Mexicans too. For what it's worth.
10/30/2014 9:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...48|49|50|51|52...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.