Why didn't I make the PI? Topic

Still trying to figure out how this game works. Any thoughts on why I didn't make the PI again?

http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=7615

This is the second season in a row where I had a better RPI than several teams that made it.

What can I do (besides win more games) to help my chances.

Thanks.
8/7/2014 3:58 PM
The RPIs of those teams you beat during conference were just brutal, they really hurt you.  You had 8 games against teams with RPIs >300, although this is out of your realm of control.  Your did a good job scheduling non-conf games against decent teams to balance out your SOS, but the bottom line was you had to win more of those games.

You probably know this already, but the projection report is way more useful than RPI in projecting if your team will make the postseason.

8/7/2014 4:08 PM
in nonconference play, look for teams that you think you can beat, should beat, may beat (that depends on what your conference games look like) but avoid really bad teams that will hurt your SOS and projection ranking
8/7/2014 5:58 PM
as clouseb stated, the projection report is more important.  After game #10, you can see where you stand on a daily basis. To make the PIT, you probably need to be in the #90-94 range
8/7/2014 9:24 PM
It looks like the team is heading in the right direction since you started recruiting. You might be lacking in defense in those young guards though. I think you'll be fine in the years to come, just schedule a little tougher as mentioned by the others
8/7/2014 10:42 PM
So I've been away for awhile, but I am in the majority in thinking that the projection report needs to be improved? I recall reading from seble that point differential is among the weighted items in the formula. Seems to me like record vs. RPI 1-50 and 50-100 needs to be weighted more heavily.
8/8/2014 8:09 AM
The projection report works really well.

Record vs top 50 and top 100 teams are the most important factors.
8/8/2014 8:36 AM
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I appreciate it. I didn't realize the projection report was so useful.

Hopefully my conference will be a little better next year, but like clouseb said, I just need to win more games.
8/8/2014 3:50 PM
Why didn't I make the PI? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.