Just curious as to you all go about determining your line ups

do you put a guy with high CTC / Eye / speed (L/R combo) in the 1st slot ... etc

I assume there is not a 1 right way to do it..

I've been using the Recommended line-up and re-arrange the lineups 25-40 games in ... with not much success 

thanks

7/30/2014 12:10 AM
I put my best overall hitters at 2-3(higher slugging at 3).   OPS as a rough guideline.    I put the best OBP guy that's left at 1.   4-5 are slugging.   Then I just fill out the rest. 

7/30/2014 8:26 AM
when you base on stats... do you go with previous season performance?  combined career? include minor league stats?

just curious
7/30/2014 9:11 AM
If you've got a new team, then start with Simmy's recs for a line-up and then adjust based on performance around 40-50 games in.

If you have an established team (one that you've had for a couple of seasons), then you can look at Simmy's recs for any new players to your lineup, and go from there.

In general, I will have my best OBP guys 1-2-3 (with the speediest guy as leadoff), and go descending by slugging the rest of the way,  If I have a couple of guys who are pretty close in slugging, then I'll stack them by OBP within that grouping.

7/30/2014 9:34 AM
I base it on stats around game 20 and adjust once a week.    I start out based on either previous performance or ratings.    For the most part, you can look at your team and eyeball who the best 4-5 hitters are. 
7/30/2014 9:43 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.