Here is the idea....choose a NHL player you REALLY hate....I don't care the reason (dirty, he injured your favorite player, he always scored against your team, over-rated.......whatever) Note: putting in your reason while not mandatory...is part of the fun

BUT here's the kicker...since you hate him..he will NOT be on your roster but will be on the roster of the other 23 teams in the theme...

So be careful who you nominate....remember, everybody will have him but you... You want to nominate Gretz...go for it but that means everyone will have him... but you DON'T.

Between 24 owners we will nominate 14 Forwards 8 D Men 3 Goalies*

*Now I will nominate 1 Skater and 1 Goalie but the goalie I nominate will only be on the teams that nominate goalies. Since they can't have the one they nominate, there has to be a 2nd one for them. The other 22 owners (including me) will have to use the 2 goalies nominated by others.

Salary cap is 50 mill. I do want to give some flexibility so owners have a few ways to go....but can't have the 'best' seasons of all the players they have.

others: ML = No Relaxed Rosters Playoff Int = NO Max out = 3 WW = NO Trades = NO No Shoot Outs - Ties allowed

Of course no clones, because you have to use ALL the 23 players others hate.

Added rule: All 23 players you have on your roster must have at least 20 GP by the end of our 82 game season. This is for both skaters and goalies. No minimum # of minutes played or shifts (PP/SH/Even strength etc) or goalie decisions (W/L). So long as that by the end our 82 game season, the system has credited all your players with at least 20 GPs.... If you don't achieve this, you will NOT qualify for the post season!

The 23 players you have to use......you can use ANY season they have in the database... BUT remember the minimum 20 GP rule when picking your version of a player. Versions with a low GP% have a good chance of being injured for a long time and this could prevent you from getting them into 20 games!! Injury is not an acceptable excuse for NOT meeting the 20 GP rule. So.....be aware.....

F Alex Burrows (darny10)
F Dustin Brown (metalmaster)
F Brad Richards (doubleot)
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

D
D
D
D
D
D
D
D

G
G

G Jimmy Howard (only the other 2 guys who pick goalies will have him)
7/30/2014 9:37 PM (edited)
I`ll start it off:

F: Alex Burrows: How could anyone like him...

G: Jimmy Howard: I`m a huge wings fan but I know we`ll never win a cup with him in net...
7/29/2014 4:24 PM
This was actually my idea the 1st time around, not aginor.
7/29/2014 6:53 PM
Sorry I just saw him do it, u want in?
7/29/2014 8:13 PM
if this takes off I nominate
Dustin Brown
7/30/2014 2:18 PM
perfect thanks!!
7/30/2014 3:16 PM
I'll give it shot. So many choices, I can easily take a second team if we need to fill. I'll go with Brad Richards - C. I've been a Flames fan since 1986, and the 2003-04 Stanley Cup Final still bothers me, and in the 4 games Tampa Bay won, Richards had at least 1 point in all of them, and goals in 3 of the 4 wins.
7/30/2014 8:40 PM
Awesome thanks man!
7/30/2014 9:38 PM
If no one joins by tomorrow doubleot and I will add another team each
8/2/2014 12:01 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.