Playoffs - First Time Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
It can't hurt to rest if you are completely sure you will remember to fix your rotation for the playoffs. I just looked at your team and they seem okay based on innings, I didn't look at their actual pitches thrown.

I say go to the 4 or 5 man rotation, and rest any hitters below 100%. Also start scouting your likely 1st round opponent. See if they are a steal team, lefty/righty heavy, or have a weak arm at catcher. Little things can decide playoff series, especially a 5 game series.

Congrats on making the playoffs

7/28/2014 11:23 PM
Be sure to make note of your pitch counts and pull settings.  In the playoffs, you no longer get recommendations (if you use those as guides).
7/29/2014 1:25 AM
All good advice from some real maestros here. Congratulations ! And good luck.
7/29/2014 3:16 PM
I looked at your team. I'd rest Epstein and Morgan for balance of season and get them back to (close to) 100%. Add note, looks like another sub par season for your Morgan although he scored runs and walked a lot. Sub in Cepeda and Kubiak for them. Your starting pitcher should be able to complete the season and head into playoffs at 100%. Make sure the guy you want to start 1 st game of the short series is set to rest for game 162. I'd consider cutting Gullett's pitch count down to 85 or90 for remaining starts. UR pushing him hard at the ~ 115 pitches per game lately. Try to use up Borbon and Kilkenny' s IP. They have many to spare. Borbon can be set to 20/25 without experiencing in game fatigue. Some quick thoughts. Congrats and good luck
7/30/2014 6:40 PM (edited)
In addition to what's already been said, I'd set Fingers to rest now.  If you get one extra postseason appearance somewhere out of him, it'll be worth it.
7/30/2014 3:21 PM
oh, one other thing I forgot to post above.  Make sure you set all your pitchers "call bullpen" setting to 1 for the balance of the season and don't let them get pinch hit/run for.  Then  remember to revisit when setting for the playoffs.   I also meant to mention you can set Kilkenny and Borbon at "1" also.  Kilkenny can go about 35 pitches without in game fatigue. 
7/30/2014 6:46 PM
Thanks guys - great advice - will apply.
I did rest Morgan and Epstein - both guys are back to 100%
7/30/2014 9:08 PM
Playoffs - First Time Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.