Infield, Outfield Catcher, Pitching discontinued Topic

League #110249

Pick one franchise for your pitching staff (10 pitchers)
Pick 2nd franchise for your IF (8 players) 2 players per position
Pick 3rd franchise for your OF and catcher (7 players) 5 OF, 2 catchers

example 10 Braves pitchers, 8 Redsox infielders, 7 Yankees OF and catcher

140 Million salary
12/6 average you pick AAA
No WW or trades
No Clones
No DH

Use your imagination

8/28/2014 8:10 PM (edited)
1.     11kwyetman28  Pirates pitchers, Indians Infield, Redsox Outfield and catcher
2.     RHWAY Giants pitchers, Orioles IF, Astro's OF
3.     Fatboydad54  Whitesox pitchers, Indians infield, A's Outfield
4.     Yaz2schill  Cubs Pitchers, Redsox infield, Yankees outfield
5.     yargesspd1  Dodgers Pitching, A's IF, Indians OF
8/8/2014 4:30 PM (edited)
Interested. I think at 160M I personally would like to have another arm in the bullpen. Is 9 pitchers a firm number or can we make it 10 or 11 and take one away from the IF and/or OF? How about injuries?
7/29/2014 11:38 AM
I think this idea could work. Put me down for Giants pitchers, Orioles infielders and Astros outfielders. Is there a specific period for player selections; i.e. 1920-Present? I hope time element goes back until at least 1915. If period is too restrictive, I may to switch a couple of my picks to other teams. In addition, for teams such as Astros, do I also get Colt 45's players to choose from and St Louis version of the Orioles from the early years? I would prefer a lower salary cap at 120-140 mil max so you would have to make choices for players in lieu of putting together an all-star team from top to bottom. You may want to consider only average players for AAA as the current salary cap and resultting roster will not encourage too many callups I agree with Irctounc as I would also like to have 10 or 11 pitchers versus the extra bench players for the offense. Again, I think you have a good idea going for this league.
7/29/2014 2:13 PM
Appreciate questions as this is my 1st league I've run.

Injuries off
Franchise is entire history of team according to baseball-reference.com has to be season in which player was on franchise
switched to 140 mil and avg AAA you pick. Not necessary to be according to theme so expansion franchises can be used and get extra help

Can switch an OF for a pitcher.  5 OF sufficient and with AAA should be able to work a strong pitching staff
7/29/2014 3:54 PM

I'd consider this as it's a solid concept, however would need to have at least 10 pitchers at the expense of the OFers.   Also would need to have a 6/2 AAA format; don't much care if they're average or below average. 

7/29/2014 4:31 PM
What are the stadium selections? Can we use any stadium or do we use one of three stadiums based on teams we chose? Also, I will make sure I choose a catcher from the Astros in addition to the OF selections.
7/29/2014 9:23 PM
Stadium is from any of the 3 franchises for your team.

Also can make team with 10 pitchers and 5 Outfielders.

Keeping AAA at 12/6 to provide extra pitching and depth of position players.
7/30/2014 9:39 AM
Do I have to draft players at the primary position ? Can I have a Yankees infield with Ruth at 1b & Mantle at 3rd ?
7/30/2014 12:19 PM
should be primary position
7/30/2014 5:24 PM
Not telling you what to do...but...How about the 10th pitchers can come at the expense of the OF or the infield & could be from the OF or infield team. Just a thought
8/1/2014 12:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I am in with:

White Sox Pitchers
Indian/Nap Infielders
A"s/Athletics Outfielders

I think AAA should have to come from the three same franchises.

Let me know when you have a league#. 

I may want another team if that is allowed.

FBD/Mike

8/2/2014 2:14 PM
I originally was going to have AAA from same franchises but wanted to make more players available for newer franchises.

2 teams per owner is allowed
8/3/2014 8:46 AM
This is a great theme!

I'd like to try:  Cubs pitchers, Red Sox infielders, Yankees outfielders and catchers.

I'll be happy to go for a second team if needed later on.

I assume we can draft back as far as we want.  If there is a year-restriction, I'll want to change my pitching team.

8/3/2014 12:44 PM (edited)
123 Next ▸
Infield, Outfield Catcher, Pitching discontinued Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.