What could I have done differently? Topic

Looking for some outside insight. Lost my last two games by 3 pts each, after leading by ~10 pts at half each time. Looks like both times opposing team barely changed defense (+/- 1 at most) and I changed nothing (I dont change when leading) and then my team fell apart. Any one have any insight/advice? Thanks in advance.

http://whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=10915432

http://whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=10918883

7/20/2014 11:08 AM
The second loss can be chalked up to bad free throw shooting. 
7/20/2014 12:28 PM
Change your username... UNC sucks! And hopefully crybaby Roy finally gets busted.
7/21/2014 8:15 AM
Nothing looks to funky at first glance but here are some suggestions.

1. Don't ignore FT shooting. IT really hurt in those two losses. Shooting less than 60% from the FT line is a recipe for a close loss.

2. I don't know why you went up tempo in the game with the one good shooter. Tempo is a tricky thing to master, I would avoid going up tempo unless you think you can get the other teams better players in foul trouble AND you have a competent bench.

3. The dude with a 1 WE is a waste of a RS. HE won't grow at all (other than IQ). I only recruit sub 10 WE guys if they can start right away. They need to starts to get the WE up. Having a 1 WE is brutal. Best case scenario is you'll see 5-8 points of total improvement in one or two skills over the 4 years.

4. I'd play the guy with the 85 REB more. His DEF is bad but in a 3-2 thats easier to cover up.

5. Against a player offense, if you can, try to get the player in foul trouble. You don't really have a get to the line type of guard (HIGH ATH/LP or SPD/BH) but if you did, put him on the shooter and jack his distro up.

6. And you'll here this all over the board, you need better ATH and DEF.

7. I would consider starting Reeder and Fennimore. Bring the 94 LP guy off the bench. You'll have better post defense, better rebounding and the 94 guy will dominate against weaker subs. I would jack his distro up so that when he comes in he shoots.
7/21/2014 9:05 AM
I guess I just don't get the whole 30pt swing from 1st half to 2nd thing. Seems like it happens every game regardless of adjustments. If my team is up 10+, I don't want to adjust but it seems like I'm set up to fail since all of a sudden my team gives up double the points in the second and stops rebounding, scoring, etc. I'm all for unpredictability and what not, but not sure how I can offset this.

Today's game: http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=10929515
7/23/2014 8:59 AM
I didn't read the PBP super careful but it looks like he had foul trouble in the first half and he really pulled away in the 2nd half when you had some fatigue issues.
7/23/2014 9:10 AM
What could I have done differently? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.