Future HOF with only one team Topic

I argued earlier that baseball pretty much has to celebrate the Jeters, Ripkens, Gwynns, Chippers because they're a dying breed.    I tried to think of future HOFers who MIGHT finish with the team that drafted them.

I came up with David Wright and Joe Mauer.  Maybe Jimmy Rollins but he's only signed thru this season.    I'm not sure any of them is surefire HOF either. 

Am I missing anyone?
7/16/2014 8:05 PM
Mike Trout!
7/16/2014 8:24 PM
The whole steriod thing will probably ruin his chance at the HoF, but Ryan Braun has put up numbers so far.  He is under contract with the Brewers until 2021 as well.  Felix Hernandez might have the best chance of pitchers out there,
7/16/2014 8:30 PM (edited)
He'll be in NY.   Dude still lives in NJ.   Who the **** would choose to live in NJ?
7/16/2014 8:28 PM
Braun is a good answer.   Signed until late in his career.    And he has as good a chance at the HOF as the three I listed.    'roid hate has to end eventually.
7/16/2014 8:30 PM
You would hope so...  Evan Longoria might be another younger guy to keep an eye on.  Not quite on the HOF track, probably, but very good, and signed through 2022 with an option for 2023.
7/16/2014 10:41 PM
Kershaw? Maybe Felix Hernandez. Pitchers are tough because they could go Johan Santana on you at any time but, if they stay healthy, those two have a shot.
7/16/2014 11:07 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/16/2014 8:05:00 PM (view original):
I argued earlier that baseball pretty much has to celebrate the Jeters, Ripkens, Gwynns, Chippers because they're a dying breed.    I tried to think of future HOFers who MIGHT finish with the team that drafted them.

I came up with David Wright and Joe Mauer.  Maybe Jimmy Rollins but he's only signed thru this season.    I'm not sure any of them is surefire HOF either. 

Am I missing anyone?
Please don't forget George Brett and Robin Yount on the list of one team HOFers.  They happen to be 2 of my favorite players ever!
7/17/2014 3:10 AM
Dustin Pedroia and Justin Verlander will join this group someday.
7/17/2014 3:10 AM
Longoria and Hernandez seem to be guys who'll likely finish where they started.   Unless Tampa/Seattle start doing the fire sales they're known for.   For whatever reason, I see FH getting moved before TB would move Longoria.

Brett and Young aren't forgotten.   They were just from a different era. 
7/17/2014 8:33 AM
I'll be surprised if Pedroia finishes with Boston.   Seems like the guy who'll want "one more year" when Boston thinks he's done. 

Verlander might but he'll still have some innings in his arm when his deal is done. 
7/17/2014 8:36 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/17/2014 8:33:00 AM (view original):
Longoria and Hernandez seem to be guys who'll likely finish where they started.   Unless Tampa/Seattle start doing the fire sales they're known for.   For whatever reason, I see FH getting moved before TB would move Longoria.

Brett and Young aren't forgotten.   They were just from a different era. 
The Mariners don't really do fire sales, we just trade our top prospects for mediocre, washed up veterans.
7/17/2014 10:40 AM
123 Next ▸
Future HOF with only one team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.