SOTF: Winner Announced Topic

Posted by gmc_sierra on 7/17/2014 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Just wonderful to change it the day of the event . Guess my TB is out the window . I would like my objection to the decision noted in the minutes . :)
Noted, and not to get your hopes up, but I don't think its going to matter as I believe someone did not enter any picks at all.  Once I confirm with onside and horvie we will let everyone know.
7/17/2014 9:59 PM
Ok here is the deal.  I'm still waiting to hear from onside to see if shoe21 and mb625 submitted picks last night, because neither myself nor hovie78 received picks from them.  I'm 99% sure that shoe21 did not, as I have sent him some sitemails regarding the game and he has not opened any of them.  I know mb625 did open up a recent one from me, so he may have sent something just to onside.

With that said, if neither submitted picks, then they will both be eliminated.  Either way, I will be posting the next challenge in a few moments.

7/18/2014 6:33 AM
Challenge #3:  Forrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre!

Team format:  Everyone is on their own

Cut line: 8 (the bottom 8 players will be in the elimination challenge, remaining players will be up for vote by the winner)

The British Open final round takes place on Sunday.  You will be submitting a list of 18 golfers participating in the final round.  You will match up a different golfer to each hole.  The score they receive on that hole will go on your "scorecard".  Just like real golf, the lower the scorecard the better.

TB1: # of birdies on scorecard
TB2: score on 16, 17, and 18 combined
TB3: order received

Please note for the deadline that the official start time of the round is not yet known, but will be sometime overnight our time Sunday, so I'm saying midnight Saturday, but as long as we have the picks prior to the first tee time, it will be fine.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE, THIS WEEKS ELIMINATION CHALLENGE WILL BE A DOUBLE ELIMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/18/2014 6:42 AM
Sorry, guys, I did not have computer access all of last night.  I did not receive any picks from either mb625 or shoe21, so unfortunately, both are eliminated.  Hopefully that takes off some players that weren't as committed to the game.

I will still be sending out a clue later today for the player who did the best in the elimination challenge.  I'll post the results as well for fun when I get the chance.
7/18/2014 6:55 AM
Posted by gmc_sierra on 7/17/2014 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Just wonderful to change it the day of the event . Guess my TB is out the window . I would like my objection to the decision noted in the minutes . :)
Yep, I apologize.  I tried to post in the morning to give it enough time, but I could understand being annoyed.  I'll do better next time. At least it didn't matter!
7/18/2014 6:56 AM
  thebish gmc_sierra ghutton9 mb625 shoe21
WSH vs. PHI          
M Singles Washington Washington Washington DID DID
M Doubles Washington Washington Washington    
W Singles Washington Washington Philly    
W Doubles Washington Washington Philly NOT NOT
Mixed Philly Washington Philly    

SD vs. SPR       SUBMIT SUBMIT
M Singles Springfield Springfield Springfield    
M Doubles San Diego San Diego San Diego    
W Singles San Diego San Diego San Diego PICKS PICKS
W Doubles Springfield San Diego Springfield    
Mixed Springfield Springfield Springfield    
        AND AND
AUS vs. TEX          
M Singles Austin Austin Texas    
M Doubles Texas Texas Austin IS IS
W Singles Texas Texas Austin    
W Doubles Texas Texas Texas    
Mixed Texas Texas Texas AUTOMATICALLY AUTOMATICALLY

TB1 20 7 10    
TB2 1st 2nd 3rd ELIMINATED ELIMINATED

TOTAL 7 7 4    

Somehow, as it turns out, everyone would have been better off just randomly guessing.  mb625 and shoe21 really missed a good opportunity here.  None of you really deserve the clue, but since I offered it, it comes down to a tiebreaker.  gmc_sierra, I think you had the wrong definition of points on the tiebreaker anyway, because the correct answer was 22, nowhere near your number.  (SOURCE: http://wtt.ids-sports.com/stats/555-4.html) So, I'm going to make a judgement call and give the clue to thebish.  But if you have a good argument I'll listen.
7/18/2014 8:44 AM (edited)
Rock on guys!!

7/18/2014 10:29 AM
Landry Fields Karaoke on ABC
Lionel Richie's Piano

7/18/2014 3:35 PM
Dick Vitale's Twitter Feed
7/18/2014 3:38 PM
Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival.
7/18/2014 3:47 PM
All at Bonnaroo:

Centeroo
What Stage
Which Stage
Ths Tent, That Tent, and The Other Tent
Comedy Tent
Solar Stage
Lunar Stage
Sonic Stage
Cinema Tent
Tent City

7/18/2014 4:28 PM
Posted by onside on 7/18/2014 6:55:00 AM (view original):
Sorry, guys, I did not have computer access all of last night.  I did not receive any picks from either mb625 or shoe21, so unfortunately, both are eliminated.  Hopefully that takes off some players that weren't as committed to the game.

I will still be sending out a clue later today for the player who did the best in the elimination challenge.  I'll post the results as well for fun when I get the chance.
Yeah... I honestly just didn't have any time to commit to it unfortunately. Taking a summer class as a pre-req for grad school and it's eating up a ton of my time. Apologies for wasting your guys time. Good luck to everyone!
7/18/2014 10:58 PM
just to clarify the tie breaker for total score on holes 16, 17, and 18 is for all golfers i pick, all golfers playing today, or the golfers i picked for those particular holes?  and for total birdies it's all golfers involved or just the 18 i picked?
7/19/2014 10:17 AM
I took it as whatever my golfers did would be the tie breaker so I didn't submit guess, do I need to make these predictions for all golfers?
7/19/2014 1:38 PM
Posted by nyaggie98 on 7/19/2014 1:38:00 PM (view original):
I took it as whatever my golfers did would be the tie breaker so I didn't submit guess, do I need to make these predictions for all golfers?
This is correct.  It is based on who you put there, so you do not need to make separate guesses.
7/19/2014 2:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...52 Next ▸
SOTF: Winner Announced Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.