Recruiting Question Topic

Posted by halfakracka on 4/24/2014 12:48:00 PM (view original):
Ive heard that SV's work in groups of 5
Not necessarily.  With a recruit this morning,  he wouldn't consider my team after 10 SVs.  But, after sending 2 more, he loved me
4/24/2014 1:03 PM
I send SV's in groups of 2-3 as well after the first 10.
4/24/2014 1:04 PM
"I've taken lots of players from D2 sims, some of which were pulled down. What I do is start bombing with single HVs to confirm they're "recruitable". For example, maybe I send 10 SVs+offer to start out..not considering me. Next cycle I might send 2-3 more SVs+ 5 HVs broken into singles. If he rejects all HVs, I'll do that again and again until he accepts the HVs. That's the only signal that counts imo."

Are you saying players accepted the HV's before they were considering you?
4/24/2014 1:13 PM
Also, are the players STILL undecided after the HV's?    
4/24/2014 1:20 PM
I know I looked at the D2 list  after about 20ish and he still  wasn't on it.
That is not a reliable sign.  Most of the time when I pull down a player, they never drop to my level on the search.  That drop indicates a DROP down, which may or may not happen before they sign.  I don't believe pulling down has an impact on that.
Are you saying players accepted the HV's before they were considering you?
Yes I've absolutely had that happen, although I think only with players strongly considering another school..not on an undecided player.
Also, are the players STILL undecided after the HV's?
Undecided players should normally/always be considering you by the time they start accepting HVs, but it is possible for them to accept HVs before considering you if another school is already way ahead.
4/24/2014 1:50 PM
Ok, I see where my disconnect is.   You are talking about  pulling down players who are considering a higher level school.    You're saying there is some grey area where you have put in enough effort  for them to start accepting HV's but not enough to land on the considering list.
4/24/2014 1:54 PM
Yes exactly.  I think that particular case illustrates that showing up on the list isn't really the signal of a pulldown working..it just happens to coincide with it on most undecided players, so it seems that way.

And really, I think it can be a pretty big grey area in that case.  For a D2 sim with a very tight message, they might have the equivalent of what, 20 HVs in the player?  So of course our piddly amount of effort from the SVs isn't enough to crack that.  You get up to 40 SVs and maybe you show up, but of course that's not nearly as efficient as using HVs once he starts accepting them.  I suspect that point (for D3 reaching up to D2) is usually ~15 SVs.
4/24/2014 2:07 PM (edited)
Very interesting...... thanks
4/24/2014 3:34 PM
Good talk Russ.
4/24/2014 6:07 PM
So hold on, I know I'm late to the party... forgive me!! :)  But, the best way to "pull-down" a player who says you are a backup option is by sending X amount of scouting visits and no calls or home visits?
4/24/2014 7:17 PM
Yup. Start with 10.
4/24/2014 7:32 PM
And a scholarship.
4/24/2014 7:34 PM
Hmmmmm... Very interesting.... I feel like this is either going to greatly help my recruiting.... or kill me altogether!!! 
4/24/2014 8:15 PM
I honestly don't pull guys down much. If they are local and really good I will do it but it's a big risk. If a human from a higher level decides he wants your guy there usually isn't much you can do.
4/24/2014 8:30 PM
I just don't think I have money at the D3 level to do it.  Especially since our conference only sent one to the NT last year for our money.  (Though I hope this changes soon as we now have four friends in our conference and three more interested in joining next season!)
4/24/2014 8:31 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...15 Next ▸
Recruiting Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.