What is the best way to combat the FCP defense? Topic

I lose to most teams that run the FCP...trying to figure out how to minimize the damage.
4/23/2014 6:45 AM
Play a guard at sf.
Play your fastest, best ball handling passers.
Increase the distro on your best matchup.
Recruit faster guards.
Play slow d own if they have a significant spd/ath advantage.
4/23/2014 7:20 AM
I would add, if you can hang with them athletically (and ideally have good FT shooters), go up tempo to maximize possessions and pound the ball inside to get them into foul trouble and tire out the dudes who are not in foul trouble.
4/23/2014 8:45 PM
thanks guys
4/24/2014 12:10 PM
Slowdown tempo to reduce turnovers caused by the frenetic pressure of a FCP.
4/24/2014 12:12 PM
one thing I'm doing this year is recruiting towards my conference's tendencies. When you're new you're so focused on your own thing--and rightfully so--that you might put together a less than optimal team for play in a conference where about half the teams are FCP and the other half are zone. Just something to take into account. No strategy will save you against these schemes if you don't have the players for it.
4/25/2014 6:20 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

I've often read that uptempo will not fatigue the other team, only your own.  If may increase their fouls due to increased number of possessions though. 

4/25/2014 2:47 PM
Combating the fcp is easy.  Just give to your best scorers, since the opposing coach can't do anything to combat it.
4/25/2014 5:59 PM
Posted by brianxavier on 4/25/2014 2:47:00 PM (view original):

I've often read that uptempo will not fatigue the other team, only your own.  If may increase their fouls due to increased number of possessions though. 

i am pretty sure this isn't true. its said, i've even said that seble said it, but i don't think its true.
4/25/2014 10:30 PM
So are you saying you lied or that the information the coaches have isn't accurate and maybe there should be a more comprehensive and reliable source of information than user hearsay?
4/25/2014 10:34 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 10:34:00 PM (view original):
So are you saying you lied or that the information the coaches have isn't accurate and maybe there should be a more comprehensive and reliable source of information than user hearsay?
no, i never lied, seble said it. there should be a more reliable source but its seble who said it, not a user. i thought that was made crystal clear but apparently not... 
4/25/2014 10:46 PM
So you're saying seble lied then? Why do you believe it's untrue if seble said it? You must believe he lied, in which case one has to wonder what other misinformation has been spread.
4/25/2014 11:05 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/25/2014 11:05:00 PM (view original):
So you're saying seble lied then? Why do you believe it's untrue if seble said it? You must believe he lied, in which case one has to wonder what other misinformation has been spread.
not to be a jerk, but there's a discussion going on here. you seem to like hijacking threads. can you not please?
4/25/2014 11:21 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/25/2014 10:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by brianxavier on 4/25/2014 2:47:00 PM (view original):

i am pretty sure this isn't true. its said, i've even said that seble said it, but i don't think its true.
I'm almost positive I remember a developer chat a while ago where the admins said that the number of overall possessions while a player was on the court is what determines/affects a players fatigue level...however, I've since searched for that specific quote but can't track it down, possibly because the log of some chats no longer exist for some reason.

From my own personal observations, I'm convinced that each team's tempo has a greater affect on it's own players fatigue than does the tempo settings of their opponents.
4/25/2014 11:22 PM
123 Next ▸
What is the best way to combat the FCP defense? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.