Posted by kcden on 4/22/2014 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jfootball88 on 4/22/2014 2:27:00 PM (view original):
If they actually do this they're INSANE! This would single handedly force a lot of Good coaches to quit that only play D-3. They must be kidding, I understand they want to create a level playing field for new members but this is beyond crazy....
Why couldn't you do the same thing you do now at DIII at DII after this is implemented? 
Or stay at DIII and operate under the same system as all of the beginners that you are slaughtering each year?
Bring that **** to me man......Wilkinson D3 is full of top notch coaches who play each other every season....yes newbies get spanked good, but its way more than that.
4/22/2014 8:00 PM
Who would want to stay around if they are always getting beat at the lowest level? Not everybody just starts off as a great coach. They should really use a juco route to do this before being able up to D3. That way everybody is happy.
4/22/2014 8:04 PM
Posted by helgi on 4/22/2014 10:51:00 AM (view original):
I started playing GD many years ago because it was a chance to coach my alma mater (Pomona - D3 SCAC). In the years since, I've quit at times, I've gone up to BCS schools and I have played every level in between. Whenever I have been active, though, I have held on to PP in wilkinson. If they are killing D3, they are likely killing the game for me.
I agree.  I picked Rose-Hulman because they put a lot of effort into recruiting me when I was in high school.  It was/is fun to coach them

But I have no desire to play one engine interface at D3 and another at D1AA.  This is complete bullshit.  I've never really been ****** off at the developers before, but I surely am now.  This is freaking crazy talk.

There are plenty of other things they could do to make it better...vs this crap they are ramming down our throats.
4/22/2014 8:07 PM
I don't play div 3 to spank "newbies".   I play div 3 to build teams up in a conference I have a real life interest in outside this game.  I also play to challenge myself against established coaches in Yost like Slider, Jfootball, Logan, Rbarber, Gino, OMCs and others.  Those established rivalries are what make the game fun.   I agree with Harris 100%.that it is "way more than that".  

4/22/2014 8:20 PM (edited)
I'm not a fan of this at all. Why couldn't WIS create a new world or worlds JUST for new users and install this steaming pile in those worlds. If, after completing a few seasons at the "Beginner" world you could then move up to DII in any world.
4/22/2014 8:16 PM
This brings back my point of the JUCO Level that would appease All Parties just have JUCO be the starting point and make dumbed down like they want it to be instead of f*cking with their established teams and coaches.
4/22/2014 8:50 PM
This is funny>>>"I will change all my players to either a Kicker or Punter before i leave in protest."
4/22/2014 8:51 PM
Seriously what the ****. Some of us are slow learners lol. I finally get my **** together at D-3 with the new settings and this... **** it.
4/22/2014 9:18 PM
Posted by chalvorson on 4/22/2014 7:34:00 PM (view original):
I will change all my players to either a Kicker or Punter before i leave in protest.
Calm down Whopperjaw.
4/22/2014 9:54 PM
LOL^^ (On a side note this is the most active the forums have been in months hahaha)
4/22/2014 10:12 PM
Posted by jsduke1488 on 4/22/2014 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Who would want to stay around if they are always getting beat at the lowest level? Not everybody just starts off as a great coach. They should really use a juco route to do this before being able up to D3. That way everybody is happy.
what's the difference if they invent a juco route or just use the D3 as the juco route?  if you are so emotionally attached to your D3 team then just play without the advanced settings.  there were no advanced settings before 3.0 came along and you smashed newbies then too so why would that change?
4/22/2014 10:25 PM
When GD first rolled out, we had no idea what formation was being run by the offense or defense.  The defense couldn't adjust their settings for "long", "medium", and "short" ... so if my offense said 3rd and short was 20 or less yards to gain, you probably trotted your 4-4 always run to stop my pro-set pass on 3rd and 2.  Back in the those days, we gameplanned without the aid of skinny jeans.

There was a man named whopperjaw.  In a fit of intarwebz rage, he converted his entire team to punters.  Now we have position change limitations so a team cannot be completely destroyed by such a heinous deed.  My tale of the good old days of GD (when I made hundreds of dollars on Amazon gift cards before they jacked up the reward point cost) has now ended.

Carry on with your previously scheduled rage.  D3 sucks anyway.
4/22/2014 10:29 PM
If the engine is the same how will they be "Leveling the playing field?" If the better teams with the veteran coaches continue to beat the former SIM AI teams with new coaches won't those new coaches still get discouraged and quit? If they take away settings and simply make game planning or setting things up easier I don't see how that changes anything. It seems to me that many new coaches simply try the game out for one or two seasons  and then quit when they are less successful than they'd like. How are they going to "make" or "allow" them to become more successful? Once they move up and they find themselves having less success will they still quit? So maybe the best way to protest this is to stay in DIII, continue beating the new coaches, and watch them still leave in droves!
4/23/2014 12:41 AM
quite frankly the change makes it more important to have vision and success recruiting. Frankly two things that are the hardest to actually do. So, in that way the simplified controls could actually make it harder for a newb to win. The only way to help newbie's win is by getting vet coaches out of DIII somehow. Might work with this, because people will leave more then likely and others who thought about coming back won't.
4/23/2014 12:55 AM
"I sense an imbalance in the WIS.  Fight it, we must.  Or leave we will."

Coach Yoda, "GD:  The Coaches Strike Back", 2014
4/23/2014 8:32 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.