I started playing GD many years ago because it was a chance to coach my alma mater (Pomona - D3 SCAC). In the years since, I've quit at times, I've gone up to BCS schools and I have played every level in between. Whenever I have been active, though, I have held on to PP in wilkinson. If they are killing D3, they are likely killing the game for me.
4/22/2014 10:51 AM
It looks like they're killing advanced settings in DIII.  My guess is that it will operate similar to 2.0 (Heavy Pass/Aggressive type settings).

But who knows?
4/22/2014 10:54 AM
If they actually do this they're INSANE! This would single handedly force a lot of Good coaches to quit that only play D-3. They must be kidding, I understand they want to create a level playing field for new members but this is beyond crazy....
4/22/2014 2:27 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 4/22/2014 2:27:00 PM (view original):
If they actually do this they're INSANE! This would single handedly force a lot of Good coaches to quit that only play D-3. They must be kidding, I understand they want to create a level playing field for new members but this is beyond crazy....
Why couldn't you do the same thing you do now at DIII at DII after this is implemented? 
Or stay at DIII and operate under the same system as all of the beginners that you are slaughtering each year?
4/22/2014 4:04 PM
D-3 may not be full but it's far from being ALL NEWBIES, they're  at least a dozen of very good coaches that you have to play in the playoffs that are Elite coaches.
4/22/2014 4:44 PM
Posted by kcden on 4/22/2014 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jfootball88 on 4/22/2014 2:27:00 PM (view original):
Why couldn't you do the same thing you do now at DIII at DII after this is implemented? 
Or stay at DIII and operate under the same system as all of the beginners that you are slaughtering each year?
I have spent quite a bit of time developing spreadsheets and excel based data quiries for my DIII Teams. Ive taken 3 programs from SIM coachec with bad vision to high vision. Its not about slaughtering new coaches, but more about limiting the time i spend on GD. I enjoy DIII, im comfortable in DIII. its just too bad. I think WIS is short sighted with this development.
4/22/2014 5:42 PM
I'm not a programmer so correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all worlds would run the same game engine programming which means the only changes are once again correct me if I'm wrong but eliminating all the superfluous bells and whistles to make the game easier to grasp and less time consuming for new customers. With their customer service issues and programming time frame I hardly think they could run a separate game engine for DIII and the rest of the levels......right?
4/22/2014 5:55 PM
Very doubtful it would be a seperate game engine UNLESS (conspiracy theories coming out) they kept a copy of GD 2.0 to re implement to new customers so there's a randomness and you're able to win some games you shouldn't be able to....
4/22/2014 6:05 PM
Posted by rwings1927 on 4/22/2014 5:55:00 PM (view original):
I'm not a programmer so correct me if I'm wrong but I believe all worlds would run the same game engine programming which means the only changes are once again correct me if I'm wrong but eliminating all the superfluous bells and whistles to make the game easier to grasp and less time consuming for new customers. With their customer service issues and programming time frame I hardly think they could run a separate game engine for DIII and the rest of the levels......right?
It's not a separate engine, it's a neutered coaching experience, with fewer controls.
4/22/2014 6:47 PM
Posted by helgi on 4/22/2014 6:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rwings1927 on 4/22/2014 5:55:00 PM (view original):
It's not a separate engine, it's a neutered coaching experience, with fewer controls.
Exactly.  And I would be all for an OPTIONAL beginners / streamlined experience, but I disagree with it being the ONLYoption for DIII.
4/22/2014 6:49 PM
It's just another way to throttle the better teams.  

It'll be interesting to see what the retention for new users will be if no veteran coaches are at D3.  Empty worlds and little experienced help don't seem to add up to keeping new customers.
4/22/2014 7:03 PM
This move is just dumb.  With so much they could address, they choose to do this with their time?  Why alienate a portion of your customer base by eliminating their ability to play the entire game at the team of their choice???  If this happens, I can't begin to explain how disapointed I would be.  Dumb move.  Ridiculous use of time and effort. 

"We won't worry about perfecting stamina or even making injuries exist, but we will make sure to **** off some of the coaches by implementing a system absolutely nobody wants".   - some idiot at Wis says with his arms folded while staring off in the distance. 
4/22/2014 7:24 PM (edited)
Im a D3 Lifer.  I love it.  Ive stuck with it through all versions.  Ive never complained publicly.  If WIS kills it, Im gonna burn this mother fu*&%r down!
4/22/2014 7:28 PM
I will change all my players to either a Kicker or Punter before i leave in protest.
4/22/2014 7:34 PM
"geee version 3 is great.  I wonder why nobody is signing up or staying more than one season.  I bet it is because they get beaten by established teams.  Let's fix that" - says someone who might be less clueless if they read the forums!!! 

The things that need to be fixed have been discussed endlessly by coaches.  This new idea was NEVER mentioned by anyone anywhere at anytime.   
4/22/2014 7:44 PM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.