57 Mantle or 04 Bonds in a $255 Coors Topic

57 Mantle or 04 Bonds in a $255 Coors? After using or seeing these two guys perform in this environment, which would you draft for a team? Bonds always has a high OBP but ultimately is not as productive as some other high end players. He doesn't even lead the teams in runs scored which I would think he might in being on base so much. Mantle has a positive differential between his normalized stats and his real stats that sometimes leads to him really rocking it in some past $255 leagues. What has been your experience? Thanks, bebechacha.
4/20/2014 2:40 PM
I'd use Bonds.  He might struggle to lead his team in runs because he doesn't have the PAs to play every game, but he gets on base even at max caps.  If you're active about your management you can bat him leadoff and replace him with Spencer and the short-season Ted Williams (if you don't have a full season of Ted Williams on your team or your league allows clones) and bat them a little lower in the lineup when he needs a rest.  Or if you don't want to micromanage, just draft Dodger Manny and use him against lefties until you've given Bonds enough games off to let him start every day.
4/20/2014 8:18 PM
I use 04 Bonds a lot and I lead him off.  I high cap leagues you can use both Bonds and Mantle.  If you use Coors as your home field  ... or play in a league where everyone plays at Coors  ... you will be surprised at his production.
4/21/2014 8:35 PM
Thanks guys for your input. You given more more to consider. I had forgotten about Ted Williams (I know, how did I do that?)
4/21/2014 10:12 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
57 Mantle or 04 Bonds in a $255 Coors Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.