Milacki Question Topic

I drafted 89 Milacki (Progressive)  and kept him stashed for most of the year...bringing him up to close at the roster deadline. He has not reached the 95% mark for IP. Play-offs start...I am the WC...good team with 99 wins.

Gooden-Ryan-Walk-Welch regular rotation

Should I keep him closing? Bullpen is solid, so there are others I could easily slide into close.
Should I start him game one of the 5 game series and try and steal a game vs. the #1 seed?
Save him for a must win game?

How many starts could I expect from him in the play-offs?

4/15/2014 9:57 PM
I'd use him in the first series only if it were a "do or die" game, and then hope Gooden is rested to start the final game, or if you find yourself blowing series lead and end up in a game 5, start him there. If you go deep in the playoffs, he should be good for a second game at over 90%
4/17/2014 12:52 AM
Ideally you use him as a closer and then start him  game 7 of the world series. unless an earlier series goes to the final game then start your best. If you'd like to start him twice consider giving him a low pitch count for the first start. and don't assume you'll be "stealing" a game there's no guarantee he'll win.
4/18/2014 3:03 AM
Milacki Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.