2 things

1) ability to Delete playbook, just playing around with a playbook to get yourself accustomed to it causes you to create a new playbook.

2) with in a playbook, would like the ability to copy from the old playbooks from within the playbook since we are not able to delete from a playbook

haven't really got any further, quite frustratining dealing with the playbook at this point.

10/26/2013 3:55 PM
1.) I don't think the ability to delete a playbook is all that important. Any playbook can be imported onto or change to fit your changing needs. 

2.) not sure exactly what you mean. Cause you can import from old playbooks into the new playbook....even, I believe, on a down for down basis. 
10/26/2013 10:25 PM
+100
10/26/2013 10:25 PM
it is important to delete when you have multiple playbooks and if you are just playing around and have no itention of keeping said playbook... need option to delete it

can only import old playbooks from 2.0 to 3.0 when initially creating the playbook not editing (which goes back around to the being able to delete playbook)
10/26/2013 11:10 PM
I just went in, edited a playbook, and imported a playbook into the edited playbook. 
10/26/2013 11:57 PM
You're Still using Version 2.0 in dobie. I.am talking about 3.0 Rollover in Yost
10/27/2013 12:02 AM
I'm using 3.0 in Argento, Bava,......etc etc etc. Same system. 
10/27/2013 12:07 AM
I think I've figured out the difference. You are specifically talking about importing old playbooks and I misunderstood that. You've already filled your playbook limit? Once it is imported it can be then copied to another. I don't think that import setting lasts more then this season. After that, everything can be done without deleting a playbook. 
10/27/2013 12:51 AM
Problem with that for me is. I have more playbook than space allows. Using the same playbooks across 5 worlds w/o the option of deleting is not very appealing
10/27/2013 11:04 AM
so, Wilkinson just rolled over -- all I'm seeing are playbooks I JUST created for Yost....

defnitely NOT what I thought was going to happen.. I have specific playbooks for each world I have a team in... granted, variations on the same base playbooks, but they are different.

not liking this.
10/27/2013 7:26 PM
I played beta for the first two season. I hated the playbooks.

1. Inability to delete is not good. For example, a playbook that I created in D3 when I enter a world is not likely a playbook that I want to be using 25 seasons later in D1A. I likely want it gone.

2. The process of creating a playbook is long and cumbersome. It takes far too much time.

3. Not a playbook thing per se but no new formations was not what I hoped for.

I now have access to a 3.0 team and I still do not like the playbooks and I am hearing from a lot of coaches who feel likewise. I hear far too many people to my liking saying that this is big enough issue for them to not continue to play the game.

Please oriole address the playbooks.

10/27/2013 7:39 PM
Jibe, just wondering, what would you do with the playbooks? I'm assuming the no delete thing (which I still do not understand) is because of limited server space. I hear a lot of picking and complaining, but no solutions 
10/27/2013 8:24 PM
Posted by noah23 on 10/27/2013 8:25:00 PM (view original):
Jibe, just wondering, what would you do with the playbooks? I'm assuming the no delete thing (which I still do not understand) is because of limited server space. I hear a lot of picking and complaining, but no solutions 
As far as deleting a GP what is there to solve? I have played this game for 5 seasons and the ability to delete a GP that is obsolete to the user has always existed. Its simple, give us that tiny option.

As far as creating a GP I am not a designer or programmer. I am however a user and I along with many others do not find creating a GP user friendly at all. So since I'm not a designer but merely a user I can offer no solutions. But I do know when I don't like something. Scroll down menus are more friendly that having to pick and peck.

I also do not like losing game plans that I spent much time working on at one point that I do like. Which will now be the case with this 2.0 to 3.0 move. As bad as the transition to 2.0 was we did not lose existing GP's.
10/27/2013 8:43 PM
Posted by glaity on 10/27/2013 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Problem with that for me is. I have more playbook than space allows. Using the same playbooks across 5 worlds w/o the option of deleting is not very appealing
I think I am now seeing what you are talking about.  Example for me:

Wilkinson:  I'm all pass from Shotgun.

Heisman:  I'm all run from the Wishbone.

I really don't want to see the shotgun gameplans in Heisman...and I don't want to see the Wishbone plans in Wilkinson.  It appears that the gameplans are now set up based on the coach/userid and not by the team.  I like to be able to copy from one world to another, but not have the same plans.

10/27/2013 8:48 PM
in my case "thank god".....i run the same thing each world & to have to set all this up 3 times would be VERY frustrating
10/27/2013 8:51 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.