9/7/2013 7:52 AM
Posted by slid64er on 9/6/2013 6:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by starfinder77 on 9/5/2013 12:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by slid64er on 9/5/2013 12:04:00 AM (view original):
It's more important to guess run/pass correctly than it is to have a talent advantage, formation advantage or formation iq advantage.  Until this is fixed or they allow more control over your defensive call, this game will continue to be a game of guessing right or relying on the random number generator to guess right for you.
Huh?

The TE is an integral part of the game and you can't get him in. How much more control do you want than advanced?
reading comprehension fail
all positions have to be involved before I care about talent..  Since when do you have to guess?  you can see what the other team is doing in the pbp, so adjust ur gp to match that
9/7/2013 8:55 AM
Posted by starfinder77 on 9/7/2013 7:52:00 AM (view original):
It's more important to guess run/pass correctly than it is to have a talent advantage, formation advantage or formation iq advantage.  Until this is fixed or they allow more control over your defensive call, this game will continue to be a game of guessing right or relying on the random number generator to guess right for you.
Huh?

The TE is an integral part of the game and you can't get him in. How much more control do you want than advanced?
all positions have to be involved before I care about talent..  Since when do you have to guess?  you can see what the other team is doing in the pbp, so adjust ur gp to match that
Whether  its a guess coming out of left field or a very educated guess coming from investigation whats the difference? Too much weight has been put on that you got run or pass right on the defensive call.

Is this that hard to comprehend?

9/7/2013 2:08 PM
Huh?

Considering your clairvoyance, you're a terrible coach.  The rest of us mortals have to guess or let the random number generator guess for us.  These guesses are weighted far too heavily in play outcome, which shouldn't be a problem for you, but does detract from the game for us mortals.
9/7/2013 2:23 PM
Dont you look at either the first half pbp or an earlier pbp of ur opponent?  That should give you a good place to start.  You make it sound as if everybody is just sitting there grabbing formations out of the hat practiced or not.
9/7/2013 2:25 PM
Posted by slid64er on 9/7/2013 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Huh?

Considering your clairvoyance, you're a terrible coach.  The rest of us mortals have to guess or let the random number generator guess for us.  These guesses are weighted far too heavily in play outcome, which shouldn't be a problem for you, but does detract from the game for us mortals.
BTW, what are some of the teams you have coached?
9/7/2013 7:54 PM
I wouldn't question sliders coaching abilities. He is one of the best who has played this game. I would love to have his won/loss record
9/8/2013 12:59 AM
Posted by runnrun on 9/7/2013 7:54:00 PM (view original):
I wouldn't question sliders coaching abilities. He is one of the best who has played this game. I would love to have his won/loss record
Amen runrun! Slider has forgotten more about this game than most of us will ever know
9/8/2013 2:14 AM
I'm not questioning his coaching ability, I simply asked what r some of the teams he has coached. This thread is about "known problems", how Is guessing a "known problem". Football is a game based on guessing, what formation can I run that will "trump" my opponent. Some coaches are better than others at it. None of it matters if talent doesn't matter and if positions aren't even being used in the game. Surely every coach sees that
9/8/2013 12:08 PM (edited)
Posted by starfinder77 on 9/8/2013 2:14:00 AM (view original):
I'm not questioning his coaching ability, I simply asked what r some of the teams he has coached. This thread is about "known problems", how Is guessing a "known problem". Football is a game based on guessing, what formation can I run that will "trump" my opponent. Some coaches are better than others at it. None of it matters if talent doesn't matter and if positions aren't even being used in the game. Surely every coach sees that
Who I coach has nothing to do with your reading comprehension fail.  It is a known problem for those of us who have actually tested these things and are trying to share our knowledge to improve the game.  I, for one, did not expect to have clairvoyant coaches such as yourself who do not have a problem with the run/pass guess on defense.

For the record, some of the teams I coached won NCs in 1.0 and 2.0.  The teams I coach now win NCs in Beta.  What are some of the teams that you coach(ed)?

9/8/2013 12:39 PM
I think the big problem in the 3.0 defensive call is that you have no way to be conservative in what you feel may be a 50-50 offensive call. On defense the call you get during the play is all pass or all run. In 2.0 we had 5 choices which we could fix in for our defense. In 3.0 we have two choices to place our bets on a % of the time, but the outcome is all pass or all run. No real life coach is going to send in a defense and say - "Go all out for the run!" So 3.0 needs to have some range of choices so the defensive call can be more graduated.
9/8/2013 5:37 PM
Posted by slid64er on 9/8/2013 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Who I coach has nothing to do with your reading comprehension fail.  It is a known problem for those of us who have actually tested these things and are trying to share our knowledge to improve the game.  I, for one, did not expect to have clairvoyant coaches such as yourself who do not have a problem with the run/pass guess on defense.

For the record, some of the teams I coached won NCs in 1.0 and 2.0.  The teams I coach now win NCs in Beta.  What are some of the teams that you coach(ed)?

Most of the teams I have coached r rebuilds so that doesn't matter and I have only played V2.
9/8/2013 5:42 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 9/8/2013 12:39:00 PM (view original):
I think the big problem in the 3.0 defensive call is that you have no way to be conservative in what you feel may be a 50-50 offensive call. On defense the call you get during the play is all pass or all run. In 2.0 we had 5 choices which we could fix in for our defense. In 3.0 we have two choices to place our bets on a % of the time, but the outcome is all pass or all run. No real life coach is going to send in a defense and say - "Go all out for the run!" So 3.0 needs to have some range of choices so the defensive call can be more graduated.
It's still the same only now u break it down by %, instead of 5 words. It gives the coach the flexibility to micro manage their team. Just wat we asked for
9/8/2013 6:00 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 9/8/2013 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slid64er on 9/8/2013 12:08:00 PM (view original):

Most of the teams I have coached r rebuilds so that doesn't matter and I have only played V2.
You call me out and now say that it doesn't matter because you only do rebuilds?

Fair enough, I'll give you an apples to apples comparable.  All SIM when taken over, NC in season 4 of rebuild, done in 2.0.  This was done publicly in the forum and you can read about it here:

http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=459253&TopicsTimeframe=0

So I ask again, what are some team(s) that you coached?

9/8/2013 6:08 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 9/8/2013 5:42:00 PM (view original):
It's still the same only now u break it down by %, instead of 5 words. It gives the coach the flexibility to micro manage their team. Just wat we asked for
No, it's not the same.  Regardless of your % in the gameplan, you are either Run or Pass when the play happens.  There is no in between for us mortals without clairvoyance.  Just because you can see the future doesn't make it so for the rest of us.

It has nothing to do with a TE and whether or not you can get him the ball.  It has nothing to do with the pbp.  It has nothing to do with what formations your opponent is using and whether or not they practice the formation.  It has to do with the decision being binary and the coach not having control over that unless it is set at 0% or 100%.  

You really should learn to read and comprehend before you post or you're just wasting everyone's time since your posts aren't even entertaining.
9/8/2013 6:33 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 9/8/2013 5:42:00 PM (view original):
It is indeed not the same. In 2.0 I can play balanced and get half credit for pass and half for run - or aggressive and get 80% on the run and 20% for the pass.  In 3.0 I can play 50 - 50 but when the play goes I get 100% pass or 100% run. I can play 80% run and 20% pass and still get an outcome of 100% pass on the play. I'm sure a 3.0 setting of 50-50 will provide a 50%-50% outcome through the entire game, but on each play it is 0% or 100% against the pass or run. I don't want the game to sell me out one way or the other if I want to play a 50-50 chance of run/pass.
of 3

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.