All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > My God, is no one at the wheel? Say something.
8/17/2013 8:22 AM
This is a game that I pay $10 every month to play. That is basically what I'm paying for Gamefly or Netflix. The most conservative guesses would have the current GD 2.0 engine bringing in roughly $2,000 monthly, and that is at an all time low for Gridiron Dynasty. Why are we getting such vague references to such minor updates to this Beta engine? This is unbelievable.

I'm not one to post very often on this, or any other forum, because I just assumed that the kinks would eventually be worked out and the game would begin to run more smoothly, but this is getting ridiculous. Each time I glance over this board it seems that the input and information from the game developers is becoming more and more rare. What the hell happened to the original guy who was working on this game? At least he was keeping the customer base clued in to what was going on in the way of changes or ideas to the current engine. As of now this board is absolutely dead and the game itself is completely stagnant. When the beta first opened there was a considerable amount of excitement among the GD customers, but that has completely died. 

As I said, I am still paying good money to play this game, if the product is dead or has been given up on, I would appreciate being clued in to that fact. Hell I may as well start using that money for World of Warcraft or something similar. At least there I will know that my monthly fee will at a minimum be paying for quality customer service. I literally cannot believe how paying customers are being treated in this bizarre cyber world. This is a business that has the potential to easily make $40,000 annually with just the smallest amount of attention paid to the product being released to the public.

All you have to do is make the better team win just slightly more than they do in the current 2.0 engine and the majority of people will be happy. Focus exclusively on that and then you can patch all of the other BS later. Do something, and just let people know that you care. The game is dying and no one at WIS seems to give a ****. 

8/17/2013 9:52 AM
Actually this game is still grossing around $220,000 annually.

6 seasons and now 6 months is too long for a Beta to go on for excitement to last. Had WIS stayed on this thing like they should have it should have been wrapped up in 4 seasons.

8/17/2013 11:09 AM
What a surprise !!
8/17/2013 10:23 PM
I think I hear crickets.
8/18/2013 6:06 PM
I am done with beta and gd all together. I was really excited when we started, now I'm just ****** off at the lack of progress and customer service.
8/18/2013 9:14 PM
Saturday is a bad day to make a post like this...just saying. 
8/18/2013 11:12 PM
Maybe, but he has a point. When is the last time we heard from Oriole? When he came on to ask why does this thread say shame on me.
8/18/2013 11:18 PM
Sure, I'm just pointing out the obvious elephant in the room. When a thread like this sits unanswered people become more and more impatient. Doing so on the weekend is fruitless. I'm hoping it is because he has been working. He must be having trouble fixing the tight end problem for some reason. I dunno. I just hope he sees it is not just tight ends and maybe it brings that to a resolution. 
8/19/2013 4:22 AM
The "obvious elephant in the room" is that this thread was started on a Saturday? Really? Are you sure you know what that phrase means? This post will be here all week, so I don't think when it was actually made makes much of a difference. When I mention poor customer service or customers being ignored, I'm not talking about this thread. I would be fine if it is never responded to, I just want to see more of a concerted effort from WIS to get this game moving in the right direction. Receiving regular updates and having questions answered on occasion shouldn't be too much to ask. A lot of us have been giving these people money for years and to be left completely in the dark for such long periods of time while WIS is still more than happy to keep processing those credit card transactions every month is unbelievable. . 
8/19/2013 4:44 AM
july 2016
8/19/2013 11:20 AM
fakelouholtz, the idea of the post was not to condemn its existence, it was to stop the eventual buildup that was already happening. "I think I hear crickets" "I'm done with GD because this hasn't been responded to" is not constructive nor logical. your post will be here all week, I was merely pointing out that its existence tends to make people impatient and many don't realize that elephant in the room that WIS doesn't work on weekends and really has not since I've been on here. In short, it wasn't a criticism of its existence in anyway. Just a reminder to the poster's who tend to get more agitated when threads sit unanswered for more then 24 hours. If he doesn't start up on the boards pretty soon this week, I may well join you in the criticism. 
8/19/2013 11:43 AM
Posted by noah23 on 8/19/2013 11:20:00 AM (view original):
fakelouholtz, the idea of the post was not to condemn its existence, it was to stop the eventual buildup that was already happening. "I think I hear crickets" "I'm done with GD because this hasn't been responded to" is not constructive nor logical. your post will be here all week, I was merely pointing out that its existence tends to make people impatient and many don't realize that elephant in the room that WIS doesn't work on weekends and really has not since I've been on here. In short, it wasn't a criticism of its existence in anyway. Just a reminder to the poster's who tend to get more agitated when threads sit unanswered for more then 24 hours. If he doesn't start up on the boards pretty soon this week, I may well join you in the criticism. 
Do the developers work Monday-Friday? I see little evidence that they do.
8/19/2013 12:47 PM
I've seen them post on the board every day monday-friday. all I can base it on. Now, do they work full time? I've no idea. Maybe they work sporadically based on what hours they have and they don't have a full work week for every game and our developers get 29 or less hours. Any attempt at explaining for them would just be blowing smoke. I do know they don't work on saturday and sunday. The only person that used to was Admin, and he's been gone a long time. 
8/19/2013 2:42 PM
Oriole? Redhawk? Are you out there? Its monday and its been 2 weeks since an update (which you said would be weekly) This has been up for 6 hours 40 minutes of normal workweek time. You really shouldn't say something that turns out not to be true. Spending money is an exercise of trust. 
8/19/2013 9:58 PM
Last post from oriole_fan was eleven days ago.  Last post by redhawk was 18 days ago.

If there was ever a need for a manual on how to fritter away whatever goodwill and excitement you had built up in a community, WIS would make an excellent study.

of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > My God, is no one at the wheel? Say something.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.