Mantle World will be rolling into season 30 at the end of August (August 27-29 or so). Chronologically, it is the second oldest world in all of HBD and will be the first private world to roll to season 30.
Mantle was without a doubt the finest public world in all of HBD for it's first 17 seasons and has since become private, making us one of the finest private worlds in all of HBD. We traditionally have among the lowest turnover from season to season (high of 7, low of zero) of all HBD worlds (public or private), and have had 9 original owners who have been here since day one through our first 29 seasons. We've even had a couple of original owners come back after spending a couple of season away from HBD altogether.
The average tenure of our 32 current owners is 16 seasons in Mantle. This includes 14 owners who have 20+ seasons of commitment to Mantle World. We've also never had a team repeat as World Series champions through the first 29 seasons.
Mantle is world #5, and consistently sims within minutes of the start of each cycle. You can set your watch by us!
Since turning private, Mantle has adopted the following five rules that all owners are required to abide:
- There is a four-season rolling minimum win requirement of 55/120/185/260. Failure to meet this requirement will result in forfeiture of the franchise to a new owner at the end of the season.
- After the trade deadline has passed, teams may place no more than 7 players on the waiver wire at any one time. This is to avoid flooding the wire with players in order to try to "sneak" players through after the deadline. First offense results in a warning. A second offense will result in forfeiture of the franchise to a new owner at the end of the season.
- Owners are expected to keep their minor league pitching staffs in good order, i.e. no running chronically fatigued pitching staffs at any level. An owner in violation of this rule will be given an opportunity to set things straight. Failure to address or correct the problem within a reasonable amount of time without a valid explanation will result in forfeiture of the franchise to a new owner at the end of the season.
- The amount of cash received by a team in a trade cannot exceed the total amount of salary being received by that team in that trade.
- No cash may be included in any trade accepted before the end of the free agency period (i.e. before the Rule 5 draft).
If you are interested in being placed on our waitlist, please post here or send me a sitemail.