7/1/2013 3:50 PM
I just lost in the playoffs in Argento. The score was 73-28. My opponent had the ball for a total of 9 minutes. All 11 completions were to one guy for 823 yards. all he did was pass. I also didn't have a single turnover. This is my sign to call it done.
7/1/2013 5:03 PM
LOL
7/1/2013 5:04 PM
Luke, welcome to the club. I'll be in HD if you want to join me.
7/1/2013 5:28 PM
I'll be in my pool drinking a beverage.
7/1/2013 5:46 PM
But some of these guys think that this is the best ever.
7/1/2013 7:09 PM
I will admit that I was one of those that thought the new engine, with its bells and whistles and keeping track of what player is doing what thing, was going to be great.  Alas, it has not turned out to be thus, and so I have advocated a complete from scratch re-write of the game engine.

That being said, the 3.0 version IS a miracle product, however.  It has made some of you think that 2.0 is "good".
7/1/2013 9:02 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 7/1/2013 7:10:00 PM (view original):
I will admit that I was one of those that thought the new engine, with its bells and whistles and keeping track of what player is doing what thing, was going to be great.  Alas, it has not turned out to be thus, and so I have advocated a complete from scratch re-write of the game engine.

That being said, the 3.0 version IS a miracle product, however.  It has made some of you think that 2.0 is "good".
Well said, Bob...well said.
7/2/2013 1:29 AM
I Like V2 even with its flaws and the day it's gone I will be to. V3 is a waste of time.
7/2/2013 9:34 AM
Posted by starfinder77 on 7/2/2013 1:29:00 AM (view original):
I Like V2 even with its flaws and the day it's gone I will be to. V3 is a waste of time.
This
7/2/2013 12:33 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 7/2/2013 1:29:00 AM (view original):
You might want to wait for a finished version before you make your decision.

It's not good in its current incarnation, but its far from finished.  At least, I hope so.

7/2/2013 3:43 PM
I'm glad u have the faith in this game. All we needed was changes to v2, not this monstrosity. I would hope that WIS is smart enough to realize that they can attract more customers by offering the choice of both V2 and V3. Having to set ur starters twice is theorist sign that V3 is a turd disguised as a diamond!.
7/2/2013 4:49 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 7/2/2013 3:43:00 PM (view original):
I'm glad u have the faith in this game. All we needed was changes to v2, not this monstrosity. I would hope that WIS is smart enough to realize that they can attract more customers by offering the choice of both V2 and V3. Having to set ur starters twice is theorist sign that V3 is a turd disguised as a diamond!.
Waiting to see the final product before making a decision about whether or not I will play it is not the same has having faith in the game.  I hope that point isn't too subtle for you.

2.0 is crap.  Besides the absurd randomness of unexplainable results, one of the biggest complaints about it when it was launched was that it was dumbed down.  If you don't like the added complexity of position roles, advanced game planning, etc, in the new version, you can turn that off and play the game just like 2.0

Interface issues, like having to set starters on two different screens, are easily correctable, and have NOTHING to do with the very real problems of 3.0.  
7/2/2013 5:17 PM
The thing I find funny is how so many coaches trash v2 yet the same coaches still keep winning at it,ive played v1 v2 and beta,I enjoyed 1 but running was far too dominant and I have no problem with v2,sure there has been a few random outcomes from time to time and a few screwy results but I have no problem having success at it and for the most part I think the best team wins,I really don't see why people run it in the ground and act like upsets and random outcomes happen all the time because they don't and anyone that says they do is full of **** because they don't, just look at the same teams and coaches dominating year after year,and as far as beta sure having position roles is great and so are some of the bells and whistles but for the most part they play no sensible part in the game and are not really needed,beta might be good one day,but it is complete garbage right now and is not even in the same ballpark as v1 and v2,and I cant take anyone serious that thinks it is even close or better because I don't see what you guys are seeing
7/2/2013 8:52 PM
With a reasoned argument like that, how can I disagree?   ALL HAIL THE GLORIOUS V2.0 ENGINE.
7/2/2013 8:53 PM
Posted by jaxbaker on 7/2/2013 5:17:00 PM (view original):
The thing I find funny is how so many coaches trash v2 yet the same coaches still keep winning at it,ive played v1 v2 and beta,I enjoyed 1 but running was far too dominant and I have no problem with v2,sure there has been a few random outcomes from time to time and a few screwy results but I have no problem having success at it and for the most part I think the best team wins,I really don't see why people run it in the ground and act like upsets and random outcomes happen all the time because they don't and anyone that says they do is full of **** because they don't, just look at the same teams and coaches dominating year after year,and as far as beta sure having position roles is great and so are some of the bells and whistles but for the most part they play no sensible part in the game and are not really needed,beta might be good one day,but it is complete garbage right now and is not even in the same ballpark as v1 and v2,and I cant take anyone serious that thinks it is even close or better because I don't see what you guys are seeing
+1
of 4

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.