8/25/2013 2:58 PM (edited)
The sQUAD has 3 teams available listed below.

This is a very unique league whereby each team selects 2 sets of hitters and 2 sets of pitchers from 2 seperate seasons.
You then must make your team of 25 players from those 4 sets. We do not draft players but sets of hitters and sets of pitchers. Each year we progress 1 season ahead and you must Cut 1 of your 4 sets drafting a new set from those cut and those that did not get chosen from the previous year.

The 2 seasons we started with are 1946 and 1969, and we are now in our 2nd season using 1947 and 1970. You will start next season using the 1948 and 1971 seasons.

We have a $90M Salary Cap, no AAA, no Clones, no WW, DH in the AL only. 16 Team League.
These are both NL teams however we do have interleague play so a few extra AB's are needed from your squad to cover a DH for those few games.

LMK if you are interested and I'll give you access to the forum.
6/21/2013 2:49 PM
I would like to take over the team.
8/4/2013 6:25 PM
These are the Teams that didn't get taken in the last draft and will be available in addition to the teams that get Cut:

Hitters
1948:
Cubs, WhiteSox, Senators, Phillies
1971: Indians, Royals, Expos, Phillies

Pitchers
1948: Cubs, Phillies, Giants, Browns
1971: Braves, Tigers, Senators, Expos

8/25/2013 3:02 PM (edited)
Team #1
Evansville Otters -
Riverfront Stadium
Own the rights to the pitchers from the '70 Senators and '70 Mets, and the hitters are from the '70 Braves and '70 Cubs.

Team #2
Altoona Curve -
Nationals Park
Own the rights to the pitchers from the '70 Astros and the '47 Indians, and the hitters from the '70 Brewers and '47 Giants.

Team #3 - taken by pmwksw
Buffalo Bison - Jarry Park
Own the rights to the pitchers from the '70 Phillies and the '70 Orioles, and the hitters from the '70 Cardinals and the '70 Astros.

Team #4 -
New Haven Ravens -
Ebbetts Field
Own the rights to the pitchers from the '47 Braves and the '70 Red Sox, and the hitters from the '70 Twins and the '70 White Sox.
8/13/2013 9:32 AM
So, if someone were to take Altoona (can they move?), essentially they could have the Astros pitching staff until the end of time if they so chose?
8/13/2013 11:25 AM
Yes, you will be able to move:

Team Names:(available)
Appleton Foxes
Bakersfield Blaze
Beloit Snappers

Bridegport Bluefish
Charleston SeaGulls
Charlotte Knights
Fresno Grizzlies
Greensboro Hornets
Huntsville Stars
Lancaster JetHawks
Las Vegas 51's
Ogden Raptors
Quincy Jets
River City Rascals
Salt Lake Bees
Scranton Miners
Somerset Patriots
Toledo Mudhens
Tri City Atoms
Utica Blue Sox

and yes, you can keep the Astros pitchers forever...............you can only cut ONE squad per season, and you MUST cut one squad per season.
8/13/2013 7:59 PM
nukelaloosh, you can move to any stadium not in use and the list of team names that grayfoxx has posted are available to change to also.

I will give you access to the private forum.
8/16/2013 4:05 PM
I'll jump in with Buffalo.
8/16/2013 7:05 PM
Great pmwksw
I will give you access to the forum and let you know when we get close to starting the next season.
8/24/2013 9:21 AM
Only a couple days away from the end of season 2 and Cuts are due.

I want to get this league filled. Need 2 owners to take the last 2 teams. Free Team comes with it!
8/24/2013 6:22 PM
great league!  Definitely recommend it if you're looking for a competitive league 
8/25/2013 12:25 PM
May have another 2 more teams available, 1 for sure as italyprof is not returning and oooooohdoggie has seemed to have disappeared.
8/29/2013 7:53 AM
bump

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.