All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Hardball Dynasty > How does 'September' call-ups effect Service Time?
6/19/2013 4:29 PM
Hi All.. quick question. I know many of us promote our prized rookies after game 23 or so to save a season of service time for obvious reasons. My question is... I'd like to promote some of them at the end of the season before when rosters expand.  How do those days effect that 23 game count? If they're in the bigs for say 20 days in 'September' does that mean I should wait until game 43? Or do those not count at all?

Also, Has anyone seen a negative hit promoting after rosters expand and then demoting after the season ends or do they factor in that it's not the same as demoting during the rest of the season.

Thanks so much for your help. 
6/19/2013 4:56 PM
They count.

No demotion penalty.
6/19/2013 7:04 PM
Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but according to my calculations, there are 177 days in the ML season.  A guy has to accrue 172 days of ML service time to be given a year of playing time.  So, let's say you call him up for 20 games as a September call-up.  If you hold him down the following season for 24 minor league days, then he would only play 151 days in the ML that season (since the minor league season starts 2 days after the ML season).  So his total ML service clock time at the end of that season would be 171 days and he would get an extra year of arb.  Check out the FAQ's for more info.  (Under the Admin Office tab --> Help --> FAQ --> Players).
All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Hardball Dynasty > How does 'September' call-ups effect Service Time?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.