6/5/2013 12:40 PM
Is it possible? If you are a year in year out playoff contender how long would it take? 
6/5/2013 12:41 PM
You still have to coach in D2 for at least a season, maybe a couple...
6/5/2013 1:53 PM
I was always in the playoffs in D3 and I had to spend a season in D2 before I could go to D1aa.  I think you will need to make at least a one season stop.  If you had continued success at D3, you could also theoretically make a one-season stop at D1aa too, and go straight to D1a but I'm not certain the kind of teams that would be open to you. 
6/5/2013 1:57 PM
Thats a bummer...I want to eventually move up to William & Mary (since ODU is not an option) but I'm having trouble finding a landing spot in DII and don't want to give up my bridgewater team without being able to go up to W&M. Guess I'll figure something out. 
6/5/2013 2:41 PM
Try a different world?
6/5/2013 2:57 PM
noah, it happened once...way back at the beginning of GD (right around season 10 in the very first world, Rockne) .  MichaelDartt lost 3 games in about 7 seasons in D3, was able to jump to a top teir 1aa team for a single season and then to Elite Nebraska.  but i think they have since changed the requirements and you have to spend at least some time at each level.
6/6/2013 12:59 PM
You would need to spend at least a season at DII.  Overall you would need around 40-45 wins or so to get to D1AA so go ahead and stay at Bridgewater and get some wins so you then only need the one season at DII>
6/6/2013 7:15 PM
currently have 35 wins... my team is better in every area except my running back. Hard to say how I'll do this season. 

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.