All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Thought requirements would be relaxed?
6/4/2013 7:45 AM
Doesn't even take 30 wins... here's the Romero breakdown for those who moved up to DI-AA:

Kyle128084:   28 total wins, 24 D-II wins (and had to have taken a loyalty/rep beating for a lateral DII move in season 3)
kas1007:  42 total wins, 30 D-II wins, 1 NC
ulrich:  39 total wins, 26 D-II wins
mannowar (me):  46 total wins, 32 D-II wins, 1 NC

Maybe it does have something to do with D-II wins and apparently nothing to do with overall wins or loyalty/rep.  No knock on Kyle here, just not sure what qualified him.  Heck, I had 28 wins after season 2 and more than double the playoff wins... and, I didn't have the rep/loyalty loss for a lateral move and didn't qualify.

None of this really matters all that much, but once again, as in prior versions of this game, we find this big grey area that no one really seems to absolutely KNOW what's going on.
6/4/2013 11:19 AM
Posted by dewagne on 6/3/2013 5:22:00 PM (view original):
40 doesn't seem to be the magic number from what I am seeing in Argento and Bava. 

Here are the teams by world in D1AA along with win totals, D2 wins and NCs.

Argento
HardKnox23 37 wins, 31 D2 wins
KatzPhang88 37 wins, 29 D2 wins
Scoobybud 42 wins, 27 D2 wins
dewagne (me) 52 wins, 34 D2 wins, 2 NCs

Bava
EZ37 39 wins, 29 D2 wins
WVUFan76 32 wins, 25 D2 wins
RunRun 39 wins, 29 D2 wins
AppSt 38 wins, 30 D2 wins, 1 NC
dewagne (me) 52 wins, 36 D2 wins, 1 NC

Looks like D2 wins may be a factor, but not sure but when a 32 win coach gets to move up, it sure looks like it.
I was only qualified for about 2/3 of the jobs at 37 wins.
6/4/2013 12:09 PM
I was qualified for everything on both worlds. 

I do have a question about everyone being put back to A+/A+.  Is this a pre-cursor to allowing us to move up to D1A next season?  If so, are teams that have moved up to D2 and D1AA going to have their wins count more for getting into D1A or is it just a crap shoot?
6/4/2013 2:21 PM
Posted by dewagne on 6/4/2013 12:09:00 PM (view original):

I do have a question about everyone being put back to A+/A+.  Is this a pre-cursor to allowing us to move up to D1A next season?  If so, are teams that have moved up to D2 and D1AA going to have their wins count more for getting into D1A or is it just a crap shoot?
Not sure exactly, we'll find out .  Everyone was set to the same settings for now but the upcoming season should cause some variance.  The goal is to allow some coaches to get to the higher schools so we have some testing going on at all levels.
6/4/2013 2:35 PM
Forgot about the reputation hit for rescinding scholarships.  It's been a while since I've done that.
6/4/2013 3:05 PM
Posted by redhawk_514 on 6/4/2013 2:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dewagne on 6/4/2013 12:09:00 PM (view original):

Not sure exactly, we'll find out .  Everyone was set to the same settings for now but the upcoming season should cause some variance.  The goal is to allow some coaches to get to the higher schools so we have some testing going on at all levels.
Well that sucks.  I was hoping to grab an Elite at some point here, but if everyone is set at the same level, it might not matter what I did so far...Oh well.
6/5/2013 9:11 AM (edited)
Well Juryrigged moved up to DIAA with 17 total wins in 3 seasons.  Now coaching Fordam in Carpenter... so this appears to be a major error
www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/CoachProfile/Default.aspx

6/5/2013 11:30 PM
I was only qualified for d1AA teams with 8 or fewer wins. my Bava resume:
38 wins
5 playoff wins
2 CC's
24 D2 wins

so i chose to stay at D2
of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Thought requirements would be relaxed?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.