All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > EoH clock mgmt - Off settles for FG w/2 TOs left
4/14/2013 11:26 AM
Norbert, I guess this is a problem I caused by "conserving clock" but here is the end of the half:

Adams State College
1:42 47 1st & 10  OFF: Notre Dame Box    DEF: 5-2
Howard Henry takes the handoff and rushes wide. [Rush Defense - short cover] Henry gets to the line. David Johnson gets a hand on Henry to bring him down at the CSM 35. 12-yard gain.
10 0

1:14 35 1st & 10 OFF: Trips    DEF: Nickel
Howard Henry takes the handoff and rushes wide. [Pass Defense - BLITZ: Robinson - short cover] Henry makes his way to the outside. Henry is tackled by Charles Daly at the CSM 2. 33 yards on the play.
10 0

0:46 2 1st & 2 OFF: Pro-Set    DEF: 5-2
Howard Henry takes the handoff rushing inside. [Rush Defense - short cover] Henry is stopped at the line by Mark Lane. No gain on the play.
10 0

0:04   Adams State calls a timeout - 2 remaining.
10 0

Adams State College
0:04 2 2nd & 2
Edward Fields makes the 19-yard field goal attempt. FIELD GOAL.

Obviously, with 2 TOs left, even conserving clock, the Offense has to try to score a TD in that situation. Until this is fixed, I'm thinking I should turn off clock management in the game plan and just use the game's internal logic.
4/14/2013 6:32 PM
It seems also that if the sim was set to call time out on the two - the TO should have happened immediately after the play, leaving Adams with about 30 seconds left and two timeouts to try for the TD.
4/15/2013 9:22 AM
Correction: I had selected "run clock" since I was ahead (the default setting). I have now turned that off. I presume the "normal setting" would have handled the clok better. Obviously, if it was the end of the game, I would take a knee and no big deal. But at the end of the 1st half, every team would try to score a TD with a1st and goal from the 2 with all 3 TOs left.
4/15/2013 9:49 AM
Yes, this is from the Run Clock setting.  I may have to rework how it interprets that for the end of the 1st half.
5/12/2013 10:51 AM
My clock setting is now on normal (NOT run clock), but still I should have run more plays with 2 TOs left and first and goal from the 1.. Instead my team let the clock run down to 4 secs and kicked an 18 yard FG.

0:30 14 1st & 10

OFF: Notre Dame Box    DEF: 3-4
Greg Cordero takes the handoff rushing inside. [Pass Defense - long cover] Cordero makes his way through the blocking at the line. Cordero is tackled by Brandon Jenkins at the BU 1. 13 yards on the play.
3 14
0:04    
Adams State calls a timeout - 2 remaining.
3 14
Adams State College
0:04 1 1st & 1
Edward Fields makes the 18-yard field goal attempt. FIELD GOAL.
3 14
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > EoH clock mgmt - Off settles for FG w/2 TOs left

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.