All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Has anyone has sucess passing consistently n Beta?
4/11/2013 1:28 PM
seems like this new engine is all about the run with just enough pass to force defenses to be honest.
has anyone had any sucess with a pass-heavy offense?
4/11/2013 2:24 PM
I have been working on updating the passing results, and have actually just put out an update to the engine.  Looking to get feedback on passing at this point.
4/12/2013 7:50 AM
I have played and tested about 300 games.  One time have I seen a td pass over 45 yards.  About 50 or so running tds over 50 yards.  Even a short passing td is very unusual.  It seems strange considering the absolute disappearance of pds.
4/12/2013 7:51 AM
Passing seems very difficult.
4/12/2013 8:14 AM
Passing is difficult but after glancing around DIII the monster RBs may be to blame.  Haven't seen any great QBs on the teams I've scouted.
4/12/2013 9:53 PM
Also have noticed that QB's talent is very low.  Your very lucky to find an incoming recruit with a core rating in the mid 30's.  Could this lack of talent at the QB position be the problem?
4/18/2013 3:24 AM
Passing has gotten much better the last 2 games.  I have 2 60 yard tds.
4/18/2013 8:53 AM
I really havent been able to dig into the beta like i had hoped, but in doing a little messing around it seems that passing is still off from what i would expect in:
all-med-deep vs all-run (like 4-4 lots of blitz etc)
or a all-short-med vs a prevent-type (all dime very soft coverage)
still seems like it is hard to pass with any sort of consistentcy.

i suppose that it could be personell based as previous posters have suggested, but that seems like a negative reinforcing loop: pass-oriented teams have worse records than run-oriented, so pass-oriented teams have lower and lower vision each season and have an even harder time upgrading talent.
run-oriented teams totally dominate right now so have the ever-increasing vision so will be able to land the higher quality players all around, including qb and wr and ol.
4/18/2013 1:38 PM
I agree with govo, though it does seem that the latest update a couple days ago has improved passing a bit.  I'm just not sure what to think of the pass D's now.  Lost to a sim for the first time yesterday, and he threw all over the field on me for 330 yards...  The problem is that I had my D set to 100 % pass, Med to Long on everything except 1st and short and 2nd and short, on which I had set to 100% run.  As for ratings, I outmatched the sim at every position except TE.  His fastest WR was 67 Spd, while my 4 starting DBs average 71.5 with decent tackling and ok tech.  His WR only has 50 Hnd, so he's no beast... just seems that a D pretty much set to defend primarily against the pass, shouldn't give up 330 to a base gameplan sim that's overmatched across the board.
4/21/2013 6:14 PM
http://www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=11546

Joseph Lewis: 487 out of 709 (68.7%), 5,409 yds., 37 TD's with 20 int's. Not bad!

4/21/2013 7:10 PM
http://www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=134261

And he is a sim recruit playing in a conservative offense.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Has anyone has sucess passing consistently n Beta?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.