3/29/2013 6:52 PM
I am a little confused, I had set a watch list before recruiting started, and as soon as recruiting started almost every recruit was already considering others.. Before I could even recruit? This happen to anyone else? Doesn't seem fair
3/29/2013 7:24 PM
Happens every season.  Sims get considered before humans recruit. 
3/29/2013 8:07 PM
Are we able to persuade them otherwise? Or is it a lost cause?
3/29/2013 9:06 PM
Yeah gonna cost more roughly the amount you get for schollie (3k DIII, etc.) if they are inside 150 miles I believe.  Or at least what I was told from an experienced coach :D  Do make sure the SIMs are the same division as you knocking off a DII Sim with a DIII school is almost impossible (at least I have been told this).
3/29/2013 9:19 PM
Ok. Dang.. Still isn't very fair is it? Thanks though
3/30/2013 1:40 PM
Posted by dlion67 on 3/29/2013 9:19:00 PM (view original):
SIMs get a head start in recruiting in order to establish themselves a bit (and to scare off newbies  ), otherwise their teams would be so bad, that no one would ever want them.

It doesn't take much effort to knock SIMs off a recruit, provided you do it fairly early on.  In DIII, you should easily be able to do it with no more than 2 or 3 Campus Visits. It's also best to stay within your 180 mile radius in order to not spend too much, especially if you're new to recruiting.  Once signings start, you can expand your radius to go after Undecideds - there are more than enough good players to go around.
3/30/2013 4:19 PM
Like mgm said, plenty to go around, especially at DIII. Wouldn't worry about it. The only problem you might have is the fact that all SIM coaches know who the newbies are and go after them...hard!
3/30/2013 6:17 PM
You can also usually find some very good undecided players if you search correctly.
3/31/2013 12:34 AM
Posted by dlion67 on 3/29/2013 9:19:00 PM (view original):
It actually is an advantage for you.   SIMs do not switch their targets after recruiting starts.  You get the benefit of knowing in advance if the recruit is being recruited by a sim.   You hav e the ability to decide whether to pursue a recruit by battling a sim or to find a new target.   SIMs that lose their recruits do not go after other targets

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.