3/28/2013 6:07 PM
I've updated the Offensive Formation pages and Defensive Formation pages with some page help that hopefully adds a little more clarity to what you are looking at.

For defensive formations, you can now set LBs to Line or Cover.  If set to Line, they will always be active at the line for that play.  If set to Cover, they will not be active at the line unless they are selected to blitz.  I also broke up the line and cover activities to hopefully do a better job of displaying what each player is doing in each formation set.  Keep in mind that these are used to build your playbooks, so if you want a 3-4 sending 2 LBs in some situations and a 3-4 sending 1 LB in other situations, you need to make 2 different 3-4 formation sets.  Then of course you can use them in the playbooks and still set the option to blitz which now always means send one additional player than the formation set is normally set up for.  It is up to you to make sure you keep those formations straight and I will be working on ways to display your different formation settings when you are setting up your playbooks so you don't have to rely on crazy naming schemes.

I'm still working on passing logic so nothing new to look at with game results.

3/28/2013 7:18 PM
Nice!!!  You must be reading my mind
3/28/2013 7:32 PM
so, the 4-4 would now (potencially) be the most powerful  against the run?  (Potencially) meaning I could dedicate 8 to the run plus send one more one more DB on the blitz for a total of 9 covering the run?
3/28/2013 11:53 PM
How does one make 2 different 3-4 formation sets?  I can't seem to find a way to make multiple formation sets. 
3/29/2013 5:45 PM
I'm confused (which of course is pretty par for the course!). Let's say I'm running a 3-4 and want both OLB and 1 ILB to blitz 100% of the time. How do I accomplish this? I know I have to put all 3 on "Line", but when I set them to blitz 100% it gives me an error. What am I missing?
3/29/2013 11:05 PM
If you have them set to "line" they blitz on every play. The percentages is only for those not set to "line". You must activate advanced formations before you can do more then one set. 
3/30/2013 5:18 AM
Thanks Noah, I thought that's what it was but wasn't sure...
3/30/2013 4:32 PM
Posted by dewagne on 3/28/2013 11:53:00 PM (view original):
How does one make 2 different 3-4 formation sets?  I can't seem to find a way to make multiple formation sets. 
On the Offensive Formations page - select the formation you want to make a second/third/ whatever of, and click "NEW"  (just to the right of the formation drop down).  This is using Advanced Formations, of course.

4/1/2013 11:53 AM
Posted by coach_deen on 3/29/2013 5:45:00 PM (view original):
I'm confused (which of course is pretty par for the course!). Let's say I'm running a 3-4 and want both OLB and 1 ILB to blitz 100% of the time. How do I accomplish this? I know I have to put all 3 on "Line", but when I set them to blitz 100% it gives me an error. What am I missing?
You don't set blitz to anything.  If they are set to Line then they are essentially blitzing.  If this causes confusion we may need to use some javascript that disables those blitz boxes for players set to Line.  Blitz is only used for players that are typically set to Cover and can change to Line based on the play settings in the playbook per play.  Not sure if anyone has a clearer way to say that, but that's essentially it.
4/1/2013 11:54 AM
Also, please review the help on the right-hand side.  It should make sense for whichever mode you are in, Basic or Advanced, and hopefully explain the settings.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.