3/26/2013 10:37 AM
ND's pro day.   Seems a lot of people want to see his slow 40 time improve.  

I still don't get this.   He played a full career in college.    I expect they have 40+ games of tape.   Can he play or can't he?    It's not a goddam footrace at middle linebacker.   I imagine he could outrun Ray Lewis.   Maybe he just needs to point out that he's a leader in every interview.   Speaking of, do leaders have to say "I'm a leader" every time their mouth opens?
3/26/2013 11:28 AM
40 time is overrated in general, and for middle linebackers it's basically meaningless.  Look at the tape and figure out if he'd good or not.

For what it's worth, I hope the Giants take him at 20. 
3/26/2013 2:34 PM
He was faster.  Should move into the top 10.  Until somebody else is faster at his pro day.

20-30 seems about right for him.   To me, more damning than any 40 time was the NC game.   He missed tackles and couldn't get off blocks.    Alabama was not Navy and Alabama is not the NFL.
3/26/2013 2:45 PM
Agreed.  That game was a flat out embarrassment.  Sure, everyone gets beaten by a better player at one time or another, but Alabama clowned him badly.  It's rare that you see one game that just makes you completely re-think your assessment of a player.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.