All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > HOLD ON TESTING GAME RESULTS - Updated 4/11
4/11/2013 2:21 PM (edited)
I'm going to ask that testers hold off on testing specific game results, like sack percentage and rush yardage and those sorts.  I am in the middle of updating half of the engine and I know the results are going to be out of alignment until I work on the other half, but I want to push out the current updates to help fix the issues with games not running and other issues.

In the meantime, you can still help by testing the game plans, playbooks and other settings to help us knock out any bugs with those.  Also, this next update should get the defensive depth charts working correctly within the engine, so if you want to look at general game issues, like which players are in and making sure it is using your settings, that you can do.

I know game results are going to change with this update and I don't want people to freak out when rushing or passing numbers are drastically different and start thinking this is where I was trying to tweak them to.  The analysis you guys have provided on results have been great and has a lot to do with me making these changes to the engine.  Just to be clear - I am asking for you to ignore the actual game stats for now, but everything else, even making sure game stats get rolled into the correct totals, can be looked at.

I don't want people wasting any time during this period in accumulating stats from multiple games for us to analyze the game results.

I will post again when the engine is ready to fully analyze the results again.  Thanks.

03/26/13 - RUSH PLAY RESULTS - rushing play results are ready to test again.  This does not include passing play results, YAC for receptions, or scrambles.

4/11/13 - PASS PLAY RESULTS - passing plays with respects to completions, sacks, and such are ready to be reviewed more thoroughly.  Still working on YAC and scramble yards.

3/7/2013 5:12 PM
When do you anticipate getting the other half updated to make testing relevant again?
3/7/2013 5:46 PM
What will most likely happen is that I get rushing back up to speed and then work on passing.  The changes I made will help keep the base of each play (which players are involved in the play) consistent between rushing, passing, and scrambling.  In an odd way, i actually simplified how I was determining who was in on the play, so it will help with maintaining the engine as well as making tweaks.  But by changing how I determine the players involved, it means I have to go back through the play (see anatomy of play posts) and rework how I determine the results of each step.

Tomorrow will be all about testing the changes I just made and making sure those base decisions are where I want them, which means next week will be reworking the rushing results.  I hope to get the rush results back into beta testing circulation next week to where those that want to look at the details of the plays - blocking results versus match ups and such - can start doing so again.

I am also contending with finding out why some games are bombing and trying to prevent those from happening.  We also want to work in some improvements and features to the coaching pages.  The goal at this point is to get everything ready to roll for season 2 of the beta worlds so everything is much more the expected flow of the game, and at that time it should just be minor tweaks and adjustments to the engine.

3/8/2013 12:15 PM
Norbert, I just want to say that I am amazed at the job you're doing, and I appreciate all of the time and hard work you're putting into this game. Thank you!
3/23/2013 2:32 PM
I just tested a couple of games and ended up with 50 carries for 397 yds for one RB.
3/25/2013 11:58 AM
Posted by rgillespie70 on 3/23/2013 2:32:00 PM (view original):
I just tested a couple of games and ended up with 50 carries for 397 yds for one RB.
This is caused by the "stamina" not coming into play right now. Something that norbert is looking at.
3/26/2013 6:40 PM
He adjusted it yesterday.  Debth and/or utilizing full formation potential will be a must. 
4/11/2013 2:23 PM
Update passing plays to review completions, sacks, interceptions, and more.  Still working on YAC and scrambles, so yardage may still be a little off.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > HOLD ON TESTING GAME RESULTS - Updated 4/11

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.