3/5/2013 5:57 PM (edited)
You can start a player with a red shirt and not lose the shirt.

http://www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=161819

just go to game log and ignore how bad I got beat

3/5/2013 3:26 PM
Can they actually play a game, or just that you can set them as a starter?  Keep in mind they don't actually get a start unless they play a game and the starter promise looks at whether or not they actually get GS, but you shouldn't be able to set a red shirt to be marked as a starter. I'll add that to the list.
3/5/2013 3:43 PM
In my first non conference game my freshman red shirt running back had 19 carries. My red shirt TE only got 3% playing time but also did not lose his red shirt. 

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.