3/5/2013 12:42 PM
How are kick returns and punt returns determined?  

I've seen teams with bad K and P get shredded on returns consistently.  I can understand short kicks and punts with bad kickers, but they seem to give up a hugely disproportionate amount of long returns as well.

Do other players factor into the return?  If so, which players?  How can we set up our depth charts to improve our kicking game?
3/5/2013 12:59 PM
yeah, my team constantly scores on punt returns.  I'm getting a punt return touchdown a game right now... little excessive.
3/5/2013 1:47 PM
After I get this update out, there will be additional pbp when using the "Debug PBP" on the test game page which will allow you to see more of the inner working of a kick return.

Other than the kicker/punter and the return man, there's really nothing you can do currently to improve your kicking game other than practice special teams.  This works pretty much like it does in 2.0 only the engine now looks at some ratings for some of your team rather than just the special teams IQ.  What it currently does is pull the top so many players from certain positions for certain ratings and special teams IQ to get a team rating for different parts of the return.  It does break the return down into more than just the one rating vs one rating method it uses now in 2.0, but I'd have to pull together the info to tell you exactly what it is doing.  I would like to spend some extra time on special team plays once I get the passing and rushing a little more solid.

3/12/2013 12:45 AM
I know work is being done on the passing and rushing portions of the logic, just want to post as FYI. My team in Craven has yielded 3 returns for tds through 8 games. Two were in one game. My team can just be bad at coverage, the team that just hit me up for two has 6 returns for TDs in 8 games.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.