All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Defensive debth chart problems
3/4/2013 8:23 PM
First off, I am not getting into any "hughesjr" algorithms just to figure out which guy to to put into which slot.

I am simply looking at the best de, dt, olb, ilb, cb, and s; plugging them into "THOSE" slots.  Thus, leaving the "DL", "LB", and "DB" slots empty.

This doesn't work- AT ALL.  As a result, I am going to have to go back and fill in DL, LB, and DB slots. On top of this, I will then have to try and guess where  DE/DT's will be placed. OLB/ILB etc.etc.

I would prefer to do it my way and just use the designated slots.

3/5/2013 10:48 AM
Can you explain what you are trying to do and if there's anything I can do to help with those settings?

Keep in mind that pulling in defensive players from depth charts are currently broken until the next update.

3/5/2013 4:04 PM
I will use DL as an example:  It appears to me that if you do NOT put the DL players into the "DL" slots then regardless of what you have in "DT" or "DE" slots the Engine will put its version of your best players in.

However, what I discovered last night is that as long as you have the "DT" and "DE" slotted players plugged into the "DL" slots(DL order Does NOT matter) then they will be placed into the game under there "DE" and "DT" assignments.

Not sure it should be this complicated and it took me some serious figuring out.
3/5/2013 4:32 PM
tiger... that is true for TEST games, but in real games it will STILL not follow your depth chart, even if you have set the DL slots as well.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Defensive debth chart problems

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.