3/4/2013 8:02 PM
The sim against me was down by 1 point with about 45 seconds left. No time outs left. on his own 40. 4th and long, he punts, i get the ball and kneel on it for the win.
3/5/2013 3:14 AM
End of first half logic needs work too.  Sim playing for field goal instead of touchdown.  It needs work at 2.0 version as well.  For some reason there is no sense of urgency for the sim because it's only the first half.  But, that late first half td has been the difference for me in many wins.
3/5/2013 3:19 AM
I had a playoff game two years ago, and the guy was playing me tough, and he had the ball on my 13 yard line, 33 seconds left, all 3 timeouts, I think first down, and kicks a field goal.  I was happy, but that was messed up, and I went on to win my 3rd championship.  (End of first half.)
3/5/2013 3:39 AM
What I would do if I was writing this stuff is, Offense automatically uses all 3 timeouts under a minute left, worry about the other team marching 80 yards in 30 seconds later.
3/5/2013 8:35 AM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 3/4/2013 8:02:00 PM (view original):
The sim against me was down by 1 point with about 45 seconds left. No time outs left. on his own 40. 4th and long, he punts, i get the ball and kneel on it for the win.
I wouldn't call this a 'snafu', maybe something that needs to be adjusted. It probably has to do with the 4th down aggressiveness setting. The SIM was on its own 40, and the aggressiveness was probably at 'Aggressive'; it was too far to try the 77 yard FG, and there was too much time left on the clock (as currently coded) to try for the 1st down.
3/5/2013 10:18 AM
There is some code left over from 2.0 that tries to determine how much time a team needs to score and it drives many of these poor decisions.  Once I get the engine results in a good place, I want to look at all the logic issues we've been having and see what I can do about them. This particular logic is something I'd like to tear apart and rewrite, but it's pretty fragile, so I want to do it when I can fully concentrate on it.
3/5/2013 4:14 PM
Norbert-Thanks

Howard Cosemgm- Even bigger thanks for your play-by-play on correcting my verbiage.  Next time I notice a a situation marked by errors or confusion : muddlealso : an error causing such a situation", I'll make sure I run it by you first. ;)

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.